[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While I agree the Beagle "prototype" looks great I
> am becoming a cynical bastard about this stuff...
> Anyone know if Beagle has done anything of this
> caliber and complexity before? The Beagle design
> could end up as ass as well....

I hear that. My money's on the the Beagle sucking, too. But then again, I'm quite resolved with the possibility that NONE of these toys will impress me. Gakken for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 11:57AM by Sanjeev.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> drifand Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...If
> > anyone knows of a transforming GGG with better
> > proportions or gimmicks, he's free to shout it
> out
> > to the world. Neh?
>
>
> True. But why in the world would someone want a
> transforming GGG "with better proportions or
> gimmicks"?
>
> The Takara DX is clearly the superior toy. It's
> like comparing a Yamato Valk with an original 1/55
> Matsushiro/Takatoku/Bandai Valk. No contest.
>
Yup. The Takara DX (which my nephew has, 'cause I bought it for him) has perfect transformation...and is a toy, as opposed to a fragile display piece. It has survived countless transformations by a wild 5-year-old. The proportions aren't as good as CMs's, but it looks decent and...it's a toy (which, in itself, is the best gimmick).
>
> gingaio, I choose not to suffer Macrossworld...not
> out of a sense of superiority...but out of a sense
> of self-preservation.
>
Damn your sense of self-preservation. Suffer like the rest of us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 02:06PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
gingaio Wrote:
> Damn your sense of self-preservation. Suffer like
> the rest of us!

Sorry, sun. My momma didn't raise no dummy.

An entire forum...dedicated to a single--albeit, wildly popular--tv series...run by and populated with a horde of rabid fanatics? Yuh.

When I first discovered the site, I thought about jumping right in. Now, I back away slowly...
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:

> BTW, the CM's Legioss/Tlead (which I have)

*DING*

WRONG!

"(which I will have)"

You poor fool.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev Wrote:

> An entire forum...dedicated to a single--albeit,
> wildly popular--tv series...run by and populated
> with a horde of rabid fanatics? Yuh.
>
> When I first discovered the site, I thought about
> jumping right in. Now, I back away slowly...

It's a lot better than the average Transformers forum...

(This might have been an understatement)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
At least the Transformers fourms have more variety of topics.

I got a Mega House Ray last night and overall I like it but I don't love it. I'm not going to sell it and get the Beagle (cos the Beagle will probably be Megabucks what it's big size, mixed media parts and small company status) but I'll wait and see how Yellow's ride armour turns out before buying another Megahouse one.

I actually broke part of my ride armour when I was trying to push the engine block up/in, it was stuck and then when it gave the shock snapped the peg that holds the seat flap down in armour mode. Not a huge deal but it did put a bit of a downer on my intial impressions of it.
thomas Wrote:
> Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > BTW, the CM's Legioss/Tlead (which I have)
>
> *DING*
>
> WRONG!
>
> "(which I will have)"
>
> You poor fool.

The money is gone so technically MY toy is sitting in a shipping area somewhere in Japan. I almost canceled it due to Toynami's posturing at Toyfair, but since theirs has been delayed and priced right up there with CM's I figured I'd just go ahead with it. Someone has to review it on YamatoWorld to keep the awesome posts up, it might as well be me. Maybe if I pose it among three 1/48 valkyries (which I have) they'll be too busy unzipping their collective pants to type anything negative.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:

>
> The money is gone so technically MY toy is sitting
> in a shipping area somewhere in Japan. I almost
> canceled it due to Toynami's posturing at Toyfair,
> but since theirs has been delayed and priced right
> up there with CM's I figured I'd just go ahead
> with it. Someone has to review it on YamatoWorld
> to keep the awesome posts up, it might as well be
> me. Maybe if I pose it among three 1/48 valkyries
> (which I have) they'll be too busy unzipping their
> collective pants to type anything negative.

Don't forget to show it kicking a dismembered Takatoku or Bandai Valk wearing a Gunadm uniform...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Better still a Starscream toy wearing a Gundam uniform, for maximum bile.
Lots of pics of Beagles Ride Armour from the anime fair over at Yacolog, but according to save Robotech over at MW it could carry a heart breaking pricetag of 60'000yen;
[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Made by Beagle but distributed by Yamato in Japan and Toynami in the US

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 10:07AM by Fort Max.
Part of me is just happy that someone made a serious effort to produce such a cool 'toy', regardless of the eventual price tag. Here's hoping it DOES make it out of the factory without any issues and into the hands of lucky collectors.
If the price will be in the neighborhood of $600, I find it hard to believe Toynami would be interested in distributing this toy. Although I supposed they could do a preorder/presale thing on Robotech.com so they know exactly how many to order from Beagle.
It's interesting that the prices of new toys have now equaled and overtaken vintage prices. At a place near where I live there's a set of the original Gakken Robotech Alphas (the large ones) for 300 bones each, which is how much the new CMs sets are going for. Re: the Beagle Ride Armor, for 600 bones, you could get a couple of the original Gakken ones, which are probably going to be better toys.

Granted the CMs sets include the TREAD, but they're also smaller.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 01:59PM by gingaio.
With some luck it might end up in HLJ's discount bin at a 90% discount (I don't count on it, though...)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Fort Max Wrote:
> Lots of pics of Beagles Ride Armour from the anime
> fair over at Yacolog, but according to save
> Robotech over at MW it could carry a heart
> breaking pricetag of 60'000yen;
> [wildcats.pupui.jp]
> 4.html
>
> Made by Beagle but distributed by Yamato in Japan
> and Toynami in the US

Pics look great, but still waiting to see how it shakes out. 60000 yen? I doubt it very much... that price is nothing more than rumor mongering. I am sure it will be more in the $75 to $150 price range.
Craftsmanship has it's price, especially from a small company but I am taking the 60'000 price tag as speculation, for now at least.
Nothing from yaco on price, so I don't know where that's coming from, besides Yamatoworld bullshit. It shows an October release date, which will probably slide into November.

If it was 1/6 scale, complete with removable armor and full of accessories like something from Hot Toys, It could run up to $350. $600, no way.

Final cost on my Legioss/Tlead with shipping from Japan: ¥30,500.
Finally owning a Tlead toy: Priceless.
Beagle's booth at the show illustrates that the majority of their work is subcontract stuff. Almost everything shown was for another company, and all but the ride armor is a statue.

[blog.hobbystock.jp]
I received my CM Stick and it was broken out of the box. One of the small pegs that connects the cannons on the front wheel was missing (so it spins instead of being held securely). HLJ has offered to replace the piece, but I want my money back.

In my opinion, the toy looks nice and could look great after a container of super glue was applied to it. The toy is extremely fidgety and doesn't stay together at all. I've never asked for a refund before, but I'm asking for one this time.

Are others learning to love their CM? I just can't past the fact that while it may look good (though the color is off IMO), there is absolutely no play value here. And to top it off, it was too expensive for what I got.
I didn't really have to 'learn' to love mine, I loved it right out of the box. Mine had nothing broken and no real problems to speak of. Took me a little while to transform it, but I enjoyed the process. Looks pretty great in all modes and I like it enough to call it a day on Ride Armor toys and focus on other things.
I'm having a blast weathering both my CMs. AND I've found a sweet method of fixing Ley's bike. Kotobukiya sells a set of M.S.G. (Modeling Support Goods) parts that includes 'hydraulic pistons' in various sizes. The mid-sized one is an almost perfect match for the diameter of too-short pin on the right front fork. By cutting the piston down and sanding the tip a little, the troublesome gun/gauntlet can now fit smoothly in bike mode. Anyone else interested, the part number is 'P-121' and sells for 210yen retail.
B00
drifand Wrote:
> By cutting the piston down
> and sanding the tip a little, the troublesome
> gun/gauntlet can now fit smoothly in bike mode.
> Anyone else interested, the part number is 'P-121'
> and sells for 210yen retail.

That's a damn good idea. They're on backorder at HLJ, but Hobbysearch has them in stock

They were $60 each.
The Toynami one is supposed to have English instructions included, too.
Since I own the originals, I didn't partake. If somebody gets one they can find out.

I found a set of the decals that were given out when they launched in Japan. The sheet has the shades, 'stach, and name for the "Jonasan" conversion shown before. If it wasn't going to cost me $30 to get them I'd have bought them for the fuck of it. Maybe Toynami will...never mind, they won't.
Since I was shooting the AV-0, I decided to throw in the CM's Ride Armor and Proto Garland as well...

The thing about the CM's is that 1/18 scale opens up a whole world of toy cross-overs, Microman being just one of the possibilities. The so-called 1/15 scale for the Yamato Garland may be true to the mecha size, but the Shogo figure is definitely closer to 1/18... as you will see.

I've managed to add weathering for Stick's ride but haven't completed Ley's. So you can see the difference in later pix. I have also added a custom hardpoint for Stick to mount his rifle onto the bike's front guard. Ley's troublesome fork misalignment has also been fixed...

It's Shogo versus Stick in a no-holds barred street race!

Stick manages to outpace the Garland in a short sprint...

... and then Bernard pushes over into Ride Armor mode!

But wait! Shogo has his own ace up the sleeve...

Maneuver Craft mode...

... gives way to...

Maneuver Slave mode!

What's that light in the sky?

Anime-Magic beam rifle, of course!

After the race, everyone's chillin' and 'Ley' gives his ride a tune-up.

In his left hand is the original 'too-short' peg that caused the gun-gauntlet fork connection to become misaligned. I bought a set of custom parts by Kotobukiya - Modeling Support Goods (M.S.G) P-121, chose the piston that was closest in diameter, cut it down to size and sanded it a little to fit. The final part is in 'Ley's right hand.

With the longer custom peg, the bike is now perfectly 'true'. All it cost was 210yen. For the MH, I don't think you can't easily fix the basic proportions or 'leftover' kibble.

As you can see, the 1/15 Shogo is a perfect size-match for the 1/18 Mospeada...

Simulated headlights...

Shogo can even wear the Ride Armor... sans the boots and gauntlets, of course.

No, Stick and Ley can't really fit inside the Garland, but simply plucking out the torso will give a pretty convincing illusion.

That's all folks! I'm really hoping to see CM's Houquet and Yellow rides soon! :-)
Those heads look awful familiar. I call shenanigans.
Ahhh, they're just Microaction Chirico and Ypsilon's heads... I just stuck a short piece of styrene into the rider's neck and plopped the noggins on. I love how Ypsilon's tresses give Shogo's a run for their money! :-)
And a thought just came to mind: Since CM's is so 'otaku exploitative', maybe the next 2 armors WILL come with nekkid heads and then they'll throw in Stick's and Ley's as 'bonus parts'. I know I'd open my wallets for sure.
In the future, we store our amazing HBT batteries in beer cans.
Attachments:
open | download - RA.jpg (58.1 KB)
Did you circle the fat parts in that photo, like a sorority initiation?
Oh shit, I grabbed the wrong image from MW. They were circling all the naughty bits.
Final pics and preorder info for MH Yellow.

[www.mpsnet.co.jp]
The MH Blowsuperior's wheels are definitely larger now, but they continue the trend of screwed-up proportions by enlarging the tires without enlarging the hubs. The result is just plain cartoony in bike mode... Balloon tires!
Anonymous User
You know the funny thing, Rumor has it this "ride armor" thing is actually from a cartoon.
LOL
Just snapped these tonight... the better proportions and execution on the CM's take me into an alternate reality, not a cartoony lol-land. :-)

What!?! Cartoony tires!? Where?

Like so:

Too-small hubs make tires look phat-assed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2008 01:01PM by drifand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer