[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
No. Toynami's toys do not fall apart.

You're thinking of Yamato, silly boy.
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT FUCKING YAMATO FUCKING SHITCOCK FUCKING TOYS I AM TALKING ABOUT FUCK TOYS EVEN FUCKING JOSH SHOWED ME IN PERSON THAT IT FUCKING BROKE

CAPSLOCK
All toys break, given a long enough time frame. Even stormtroopers lose their thumbs.
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but their toys suck and fall apart.

Mine do not suck, nor have they fallen apart.
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT FUCKING YAMATO FUCKING
> SHITCOCK FUCKING TOYS I AM TALKING ABOUT FUCK TOYS
> EVEN FUCKING JOSH SHOWED ME IN PERSON THAT IT
> FUCKING BROKE
>

Only one of my Yamato toys broke - my original VF-11b, which fell off of a shelf and broke a hip. I don't think you should go so far as to call them "YAMATO FUCKING
SHITCOCK FUCKING TOYS". They're not THAT bad...
It`s like the CM Corps Brave riders,they have had a lot of flak by some yet there are also many who like them (Most certainly me). Microman is another,I have many micromen & love playing with em. Yet I`ve never had any issues with breaks.Yet you will hear some totally rubbish the Micromen range.
The Wonderfest CM Corps Brave Rider Green troopers,did both come with the spare helmeted head?
Also is there anywhere they are still available at a decent price.
I`m after a couple of spare heads that`s all so don`t want to pay a Huge amount (already have 4 greenie from the twin packs).
You might as well hit the Toys R Us and pick up a couple of generic GI-Joe type figures. Since you're a seasoned customizer, it should be no sweat fixing the neck joints. I did the same thing for some of my previous 1/18 photos... 1 x generic 'SEAL' head and 1 x Jango Fett (loose fig at flea market).
Thank`s drifand.
That`s already been done :D No I was looking for a few spare helmeted heads to put on my human survivors resistance force. Just finishing off a Gun Jeep for them & thought the driver & crew would look cool wearing those helmets. I`ve seen a couple of the exclusives tho they seem a little rich for me.
Well got a few quick snaps of my Custom Robotech The Shadow Chronicles figures to go with the Brave riders.

Oh Yea the guys Have Noticed those Breasts :p
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yes. They're not big enough.

Clearly, you have NOT seen Shadow Chronicles.

;P
LOL Aww come one Maia was one of the few who wasn`t THAT BIG!!
Few quick snaps & also something that SHOULD have been included with Stick/Scott.

REF invasion Force

"You hear somthing"

The saluting hand is just a Microman white one,that`s been altered to fit the wrist ball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 05:40AM by tigertank.
Here`s Stick outta the ride armour.

Again a Microman body with some sculpting. The head of course is Stick that came in the Yellow figure (they added Stick & Ley`s unhelmeted heads)set.
[collectiondx.com]

My review isn't up yet but you can enjoy the gallery for now.
Here's some non-CDXized pictures for the detail lovers. Don't ask me why the only CM's Legioss without a head has a neck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 07:21PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - legidrone02.jpg (144.3 KB)
open | download - legidrone14.jpg (109.2 KB)
open | download - legidrone13.jpg (165.7 KB)
There saying over at Macrossworld that the Beagle/Toynami Cyclones have been discontinued, any proof this has happened. A real shame if it has, although I couldn't afford them I did admire them and was looking forward to the Rook and Lancer versions.
Anonymous User
Rather underwhelming. And what's up with those weird knee joints?
AcroRay Wrote:
> Rather underwhelming.

I think that describes a lot of CM's toys lol

>And what's up with those weird knee joints?

It's so they didn't have to design collapsing joints like in the arms while still allowing the knees to bend forward for Armo-Diver mode. I must admit a lot of the Dark Legioss drone type's value comes from the "BE GLAD WE MADE THIS" factor. I do love the design though.
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
>
> It's so they didn't have to design collapsing
> joints like in the arms while still allowing the
> knees to bend forward for Armo-Diver mode.

Ah. From the side, it looks like there a mass of machinery missing from it, so it seemed a bit odd.

> I must
> admit a lot of the Dark Legioss drone type's value
> comes from the "BE GLAD WE MADE THIS" factor. I do
> love the design though.

Yeah, I think it is really surprising, and the price doesn't seem all that bad considering the usual pricing trends.
This would be sad if true... Toynami has a comicon booth, right? I'm sure someone can get the scoop.

I know people were saying that the second release would have sold better had it not been Ley, but the retooling necessary to make Ley compared to the rest probably trumped that. I was looking forward to picking Ley up, but if they're the only two coming out maybe I'll just keep Stick as my only one.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'd be VERY surprised if the axing of the Toynami/Beagle Mospeada were true. From what I hear, people are raving about them...and the Stick ones are sold out at a lot of places...

Hopefully, Dan at CDX (who's gonna be talking to George Sohn) can get the 411.
Anonymous User
Thanks Jon!

Anonymous User
Sweet & minty new!

Love those big Gakkens. They look like they could grab other toys and break them in half. Then stomp the halves into little broken bits...
Ah-GOO-GOO-GOO! Nice shot Dan! Totally shows the detail.
If that doesn't settle any argument over Toynami, vs. CMs, vs.....derrr, Nooooo! VINTAGE WINS!
AcroRay Wrote:
> Sweet & minty new!
>
> Love those big Gakkens. They look like they could
> grab other toys and break them in half. Then
> stomp the halves into little broken bits...

As long as the other toys don't kick them in the notoriously fragile knees.
Scopedog Wrote:

> As long as the other toys don't kick them in the
> notoriously fragile knees.

Or drop kick them in the notoriously fragile wing hinge. I don't miss mine one bit.
Anonymous User
Yeah, but that's not how they *look*...
But I thought all old toys were better.
Anonymous User
Well, better than Yamato toys, at least.* Old toys have "Anime Magic"!

>;-)~

*Although old toys of the Yamato are pretty good.
Sanjeev (Admin)
VF5SS Wrote:
> But I thought all old toys were better.

Nah...to tell ya the truth, I'm not a huge fan of the 1/35 Legioss...kinda floppy and fragile.

Plus no fucking TREAD to connect to. Where's the fun in that?

Honestly, I'm just praying Toynami gets their shit together and puts out a less crumbly version of their 1/55 Alpha to go with the Beta... *sigh*

Incidentally, I've never been that big a fan of the old 1/8 Mospeada toy either. I was hoping Beagle/Toynami would complete the line so I could get Yellow's version (love the blades)...but I guess I'm fucked there, too, huh?

:(

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Somehow at the end of this mospeada mini revival I ended up with three legiosses, one tlead, and one ride armor. I feel like there's nothing more to it all.
Anonymous User
Stepping back for a moment, I'm just amazed at the amount of MOSPEADA toy & hobby product out there now - both new and old, and most very accessable if you've got the $$. You can make a whole d4mn hobby out of it and fill up a pretty sizeable pile of shelving.

Honestly, I like all of the Legioss toys, old & new. Each is on or off in its own way, and has its own appeal to me. (Except for unappealing prices, urk.) Kind of like old Bullmark kaiju vinyls vs modern accurate renderings.

Good times...
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> I feel like there's nothing more to it
> all.

Gashapon Yellow Bellmont in evening dress...?
Eh. I preferred his 80's tramp singer look from Love Live Alive.

LOVE IS FREE! LOVE IS ALL!
Whatever happened to the Megahouse Ride Armor line-up? The Bartley never showed up...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> VF5SS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But I thought all old toys were better.
>
>
> Nah...to tell ya the truth, I'm not a huge fan of
> the 1/35 Legioss...kinda floppy and fragile.
>
The 1/55 Gakken has better proportions and has tighter joints, but one transforms into two modes. Plus that at least 2 out of three loose ones that show up are missing their head...

> Plus no fucking TREAD to connect to. Where's the
> fun in that?
>
Find the Lansay one. If you have the money.

>
> Honestly, I'm just praying Toynami gets their shit
> together and puts out a less crumbly version of
> their 1/55 Alpha to go with the Beta... *sigh*
>
I don't know if Aoshima reissued their when they released their Treads, but if so, perhaps it has better QC?

> Incidentally, I've never been that big a fan of
> the old 1/8 Mospeada toy either. I was hoping
> Beagle/Toynami would complete the line so I could
> get Yellow's version (love the blades)...but I
> guess I'm fucked there, too, huh?
>

Imai/Aoshima's 1/12 kits?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, see, I think Ray hit the nail on the head: of most of the offerings out there right now, vintage and modern, I *like* them for different reasons. And the implication there is that I also hate them for other reasons.

But that's the thing: with shelf space at a premium, I kinda need to love a toy...in most categories.

Like, I want a Legioss that transforms into all three modes AND combines with a matching TREAD. I don't even care what scale--as long as it's a solid toy.

The Beagle/Toynami Mospeada seems damn near perfect. I just wish the feet/lower leg armor were a bit bigger to make it more stable (without the stand) in armored mode. Oh, and I wish they actually *completed* the line! The kits are nice, but I'm looking for a solid toy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer