[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
the Blowsperior has been my favourite since I first saw it as a "Cy-Kill" Go Bots model kit (!) in the 80s

Oh, man, me too! I thought I was the only one who remembered that sucker. The sheer desperation of trying to make a Ride Armor resemble the Go-Bot was balanced out by the fact that the color scheme actually kinda worked! I was halfway thinking of trying to repaint the Megahouse figure like this.

Holy shit....I've never seen that!!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
There's this one, too:

edited for redundancy, stupidity, and redundancy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 11:07PM by Runaphen.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hmm...I only vaguely remember that Legioss Go-Bots kit, Roger.

I, too, have very fond memories of the Cy-Kill one. I remember when I was in my teens, the local comic book store had one in the back that just sat there, unloved, for years. I kept ignoring it, thinking I was "past" that little kid shit!

Ah, foolish sophomoric youth...
I totally forgot that Leader 1 was a Legioss.
I LOVE the insanity of the Cy-Kill model kit.
A robot... that transforms into a robot... that rides a part of his body that transforms into a bike.
What makes sense (to a degree) as mechanical battle armour totally goes koo koo when it becomes a sentient machine.
Jeez, the 80s toy borging by U.S. toy companies makes for an interesting history.
The original (pre-Carl Macek Macrosss re-write) Robotech kits had individual names... I never read any of the bootleg fiction based on them, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 12:14PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - rb_defenders_comic.jpg (45.8 KB)
I have that comic! But I've only ever read that first issue. I still want to find the others at some point. Talos, Gartan, Aqualo, Zoren, Zoltek, Condar, ...can't remember the white robot. Loved that shit.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...can't remember the white robot.

I believe it was Ziyon.

Ah...more here
[www.draddog.com]

I loved the photos of these dioramas...I used to stare at them for hours when I was little...
I think there are only two issues, despite the "3 part miniseries" designation... at least, as a kid, I never got a third issue. Apparently Harmony Gold had to team up with Revell because they had licensed the Macross models, which is why they used the Robotech name.

That still pales in comparison to the Shogun Warriors comic from Marvel...

How did Monogram get the rights to the Mospeada kits anyway? I remember seeing them in stores, and by that time I could've sworn Robotech was already out.
The same way FASA got the rights to several Nichimo Macross kits. Those model companies were running around like crazy back then just giving distribution to anyone.
Anonymous User
I had the Cy-Kill model, and got as far as building the Yellow figure and his rifle in their Mospeada colors since it was just a repackaged Japanese kit with translated black & white instructions. The Cycle was just too complicated, so I sold it some years later. Still have the figure.

Later on, Monogram got their supplier to recast the kit in silver, blue and red plasticlike it was colored on the boxart. Aaaagh!!!!
I think getting distribution rights in the USA might also not have involved such a huge language barrier, as I believe companies such as Imai and Arii had European divisions. Many of their Orguss/Macross kits were released over here in original Japanese packaging with multi-language instruction sheets thrown in. There's no trace of Revell's involvement anywhere...

Then there's the case of the Bandai Xabungle and Aoshima Ideon kits (lacking multilanguage instructions) I scored on flea markets around here where the sellers *insisted* they bought them locally in toy shops back in the early 1980s. This is likely because many toy store franchises actively imported stuff from other parts of the world back then...
HLJ has CM's Dark Legioss and Zeta, Mega House Ley, and the Beagle ride armour on discount.

How good is the Mega House figure? Because at less than 3500 yen it seems like a steal...

Dark Legioss is tempting...
[www.collectiondx.com]

I thought the Dark Legioss was pretty good.
MattAlt Wrote:
> the Blowsperior has been my favourite since I
> first saw it as a "Cy-Kill" Go Bots model kit (!)
> in the 80s
>
> Oh, man, me too! I thought I was the only one who
> remembered that sucker. The sheer desperation of
> trying to make a Ride Armor resemble the Go-Bot
> was balanced out by the fact that the color scheme
> actually kinda worked! I was halfway thinking of
> trying to repaint the Megahouse figure like this.
>
> [www.toyarchive.com]
> ts/ModelKitCyKill1a.jpg

I have one for sale if you want it. It's been sitting there for over ten years. Oddly enough there were Machine Robo and Go Bot kits that existed, so why they did that is kind of strange.

Although the Turbo Teen kit is still by far the oddest one.
Thank`s Chen,I`ll try direct pming him for his opinions. Tho must admit those photos do make it look like the CM would work with 1/18th ala Microman.
Anyone with either the Beagle or Toynami cyclone have a loose head? Picked up the Beagle in the hlj sale, and the helmeted head is really loose... I'm wondering if it's defective or if I'm just missing something. The human head fits in fine, and doesn't take excessive force or anything, so I'm not sure if I need to force the helmet or what.

It's so loose that it won't even hold a position, it just bobbles around in the ball joint.
I had the exact same problem, but it was easily fixed with super glue and it was the only thing wrong with it so I was happy enough to keep it. I had ham-handedly broken a part (I mean, I was so sure that the part was supposed to go one way, when it was really supposed to go the other way,) and was able to get a replacement through HLJ. You should be able to get a replacement head easily enough. Have you contacted them yet?
Warrhead Wrote:
> I had the exact same problem, but it was easily
> fixed with super glue and it was the only thing
> wrong with it so I was happy enough to keep it. I
> had ham-handedly broken a part (I mean, I was so
> sure that the part was supposed to go one way,
> when it was really supposed to go the other way,)
> and was able to get a replacement through HLJ. You
> should be able to get a replacement head easily
> enough. Have you contacted them yet?

Not yet. I saw a similar post on a review at CollectionDx about a loose head and using superglue (hopefully it was your post, and this isn't a huge problem, because the head is REALLY loose). So I just took superglue to it.

How do HLJ replacements work, anyway? I hadn't ordered from them in forever, and it cost me a ton to ship the stuff to me, I can't imagine swallowing the shipping costs to get a return, especially if they wanted me to send the whole thing back. The superglue solution worked like a charm anyway, but I'm curious. Plus, I also ordered a blue Brocken that apparently has very poor QC, though I haven't checked for broken limbs yet...

I can't overstate how nice it is to have a stand that:
1) holds every single thing that comes with the figure securely
2) Actually holds the figure in position in both modes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 12:35PM by fujishig.
If it is a defect with the item, HLJ will send the problem part to you at no cost once they get it from the manufacturer (providing that the manufacturer is cooperative; don't expect any replacement parts from Bandai any time soon!) and you won't even have to send the problem part back. Just be sure to mention that the item arrived that way, and that it is a defect when you send the required info., and Mr. Oishi will hook you right up. The content of the email is important so be sure to check out the link above. Good luck.
MattAlt (Admin)
[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Yaco on Rey: "They listened to the fans requests for changes... The quality level is clearly a big step over the 'Stick' type." He's going into more detail in his next review.
Anyone know if it`s possible to get the Galland pistol only, from the CM Corps riders?
I am after getting some more for Stick & Ley & also so i can add stocks to a few to make the full rifle versions.
Also shame they didn`t do a un helmeteds head with the 2 rider set (with the Lt in it).
Just waiting on HJL to restock with Yellow & I`ll be very happy.
MattAlt (Admin)
Mo' Ley!

[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Looks like it only needs PART of the stand to stay upright now! PROGRESS!
tigertank Wrote:
> Anyone know if it`s possible to get the Galland
> pistol only, from the CM Corps riders?
> I am after getting some more for Stick & Ley &
> also so i can add stocks to a few to make the full
> rifle versions.
> Also shame they didn`t do a un helmeteds head
> with the 2 rider set (with the Lt in it).
> Just waiting on HJL to restock with Yellow & I`ll
> be very happy.

AFAIK, the pistol only came with the Fuuke and Shinobu sets. Either that, or you'll have to get the Rider Pack which comes with 2 generic rider figures (green/purple trim) and Lt Jonathan's Rayban'd face under helmet.
Thank`s drifand,
Well got the rider pack with Lt Jonathan`s Rayband face,as well as a few Stick`s & a Ley. The Gallands are a lot bigger than the olkd Matchbox one`s I have LOL
So that`s why i was wondering if apart from these sets any other way to get the Galland pistols? Though I`m hoping CM Corps will do another Mospeada & that figure will have the Galland rifle.
Sanjeev (Admin)
tigertank, could you take one Gallant, model the stock onto it with sculpey or plumber's compound, and then resin-cast the whole piece? That seems like the best way to replicate the rifle.
Sanjeev,

I am actually now thinking along that line myself. Was hoping to find CM Corps maye have an option to buy more then work on some of them. It`s just shaky ground when you start casting someone`s work. Though if I`m remodelling the Galland pistol into the rifle,well itr`s a new piece I guess.
Anonymous User
Does anyone know (or can read the display card) about the Cm's Mospeada character figures pictured in the lower part of this photo?

Blog: [ahamkara.blog21.fc2.com]
Anonymous User
AcroRay Wrote:
> Does anyone know (or can read the display card)
> about the Cm's Mospeada character figures pictured
> in the lower part of this photo?
>
> [blog-imgs-18-origin.fc2.com]
> a015.jpg
>
> Blog:
> [ahamkara.blog21.fc2.com]
> l

The title is "Mospeada Figure Collection," with the characters "__ total + Secret" beneath. Presumably an upcoming set of trading figures in scale with the Ride Armors.

The release date looks like it is TBD.
The trade figures,those the static ones scaled to go with the riders? Shame I was hoping as Prototypes they just haven`t added articulation.
Still be nice to get to complement the riders.
Just seen over at HLJ their doing a sale on the CM Corps Brave Riders,if anyone`s after some.
[www.hlj.com]
Just to cover any other HLJ news, they're having a big sale on all kinds of shit. Including the Tlead set for about as much as the Toynami Beta. So if you were still on the fence, they're now the same price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 07:09PM by Chirico Cuvie.
So has there been anything official on the fate of the Megahouse Mospeada line? There was a Bartley prototype shown at one point, along with a few extra figures and a sofubi Inbit, but nothing has been shown in a while.
That Inbit was a puzzler. It was only at one show, Wonderfest August 2007. Some Megahouse reps told Yaco and me that it was just a mockup for the diorama, others told HLJ that it was an actual product that was coming. Since we haven't heard anything I tend to go with the mockup story.

The shape of the body was well done, but the surface details were like stucco. I think a lot of fans would have been upset if an Invid toy was actually made with that texture.
Have to say I hope CM Corps plan on bringing out some Inbit/Invid to go with their Mospeada Brave Rider series.
I have one (hoping to get more shortly) of the older Matchbox Inbit/Invid mecha,though with a retooled/redesigned Inbit/Invids,well articulation & looks good be awesome.
I do plan on trying to add extra points of articulation to an old Matchbox one,when I have a fe more.

I`m just sat waiting on another HLJ order (took advantage of their discount),one`s held up in customs (charge coming now :( ) & the other has yet to ship.
This will push me to 14 of the Mospeada riders once all in. Then I`m going to town on customizing some of them. Already swapped the helmeted faces on a couple (nice & easy too) of the one`s I have currently.
Still looking for a good Wolffe head,for the unhelmeted version.

i <3 dark legioss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 07:52PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - dlegioss.jpg (45.5 KB)
Anonymous User
I like that 'punched in the jaw, thrown backwards' pose!

Seriously, I liked Toynami's better:

but their toys suck and fall apart.
Not the Super-Poseables. The Super-Poseable Shadow rocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer