[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 

My Mega House arrived last night. They're a mixed bag. A bit fidgety to transform mainly because the plastic joints "stick" instead of sliding smoothly but very solid in both modes. Poses nicely. I'll have the full review up on CollectionDX this weekend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2008 01:09PM by Atom.
Attachments:
open | download - mospeadaarrived.jpg (85.3 KB)
I'm still liking these better than the CM's. Neither is particularly great, but for a piece you can pose and display, the MH ones are nicer to look at - even though Rey's gun is wrong. The CM's are good in a "toy" way, but they look like something from the Armdiver line (not like that's a bad thing).

As touchy as the CM's are to transform, they are simpler than the MH, and at least familiar to those that had the Gakken. The MH pretty much comes apart and you put it back together, it prevents you from breaking stuff by just popping everything off instead of straining fixed joints. Neither is difficult, just different, approaching the MH like the old Gakken just results in removed parts. You can tell that in terms of Henkei, MH is all about the destination, where CM's is more about the journey. If you care about how true to canon the transformation is then MH is not for you.

I'm still waiting for the Beagle one (resurfaced again on the asian forums) to see if the old Gakken 1/8 can be dethroned as the best iteration.
That Beagle design is a nice size, if it turns out even being close to as nice as that render then I'll be getting one sure as shoeshine.
Anonymous User
I got mine today, its nice looking in both modes, but not a fun transformation, very fiddly. waist and chest joints could be tighter.
Anonymous User
A quick shot, its probably going to end up staying like this for a while. Also I did not recieve stickers. I don't really care it has enough markings on it already.

B00
Found it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 09:37PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Rides.jpg (320.5 KB)
Huh. I think I like the look of the Gakken bike better
Thanks for the comparison shot with the Matchbox bike, Boo! I forgot how ugly that thing was, although that's part of the charm and I wish I still had mine.
Why the hell did CMs make the thigh ball joints on the rider blue instead of white to match the legs. Makes them stick out like a sore thumd.
Anonymous User
Why do pigs fly, why is Gingaio such a pimp, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know.
B00
The Matchbox cyclone was my first "disappointing toy" experience. I saved my allowance till I could afford it, and I never once thought "I hope it transforms". In my mind there was no way that it could 'not' transform, it being a toy from a cartoon where everything transformed. Oh how wrong I was.... ;_; ..I miss my money.

> The Matchbox cyclone was my first "disappointing
> toy" experience. I saved my allowance till I could
> afford it, and I never once thought "I hope it
> transforms". In my mind there was no way that it
> could 'not' transform, it being a toy from a
> cartoon where everything transformed. Oh how wrong
> I was.... ;_; ..I miss my money.

I had the same thing happen, I got an 1/35 alpha and a matchbox cyclone for my birthday. I opened the alpha first and was blown away how it transformed perfectly to all three modes. Then later I opened the cyclone.... extreme letdown. Needless to say that the cyclone languished in my closet for years.

-Dan
Mine got drafted into service for GI Joe. It made for a better toy to get blown up by a HISS tank than my treasured RAM.
This may be old news by now, but there are prototype pics of the Beagle floating around: [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 11:12PM by gingaio.
B00
It's look pretty nice. I hope it's made well, and not impossible to get a hold of. Any word on a release date?

Dollies?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 04:47PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Beagle 1.jpg (135.1 KB)
open | download - Beagle 2.jpg (137.5 KB)
open | download - Beagle 3.jpg (132.9 KB)
Thanks for the close ups of the scans. This version is beginning to look real good. As far as the cloth goes, I like the idea as long as the figure isn't floppy I don't mind a "dollie".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 06:15PM by Atom.
Yeah, I'm digging the mixed media, too--I never would have thought to use cloth on this thing. So the bike probably won't have much zinc, given how much weight a doll-like figure can support.

That's cool. The Gakken is mostly plastic, too, and that's still the best Ride Armor to date. I mean Veritech Cyclone.
Anonymous User
Wowzers - this is looking so good - I was afraid the Beagle versions were merely a repackaged version of the Megahouse ones. These are looking like the most superior Ride Armors ever released. I'm so glad I didn't buy the Megahouse ones yet, there was something about them that I didn't quite (maybe it's too much plastic & toy leprosy) like although they look really nice. Anyway, these Beagles will complement my CM's Ride Armor sets really well. I can't wait to see the full-colored protos.
Man, these are giving me such good vibes after the love-it-hate-it ambivalence of the CMs and MH toys. Give Toynami hell! Go Beagle!
Anypne remember just a couple of weeks ago when that Toynami guy said their Masterpiece ride armour was on the same level as Beagles, I wonder if we'll actually see that at some point so we can compare for ourselves.

My MH hasn't even arrived yet but I'm already considering putting it straight on ebay and waiting for a Beagle now instead.
Those ankles look awful thin to support all that, especially if it's a doll figure.

I'm impressed so far, they pulled off quite possibly the perfect version of the design, the only trouble spot is the ankles. Maybe they're die-cast reinforced with ratchets.
Beagle kick Megahouse in the crotch and then run to the bank!
courtesey of Save robotech over at Macrossworld;
[macrossworld.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fort Max Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beagle kick Megahouse in the crotch and then run
> to the bank!

Hehe

> courtesey of Save robotech over at Macrossworld;
> [macrossworld.com]
> =24189&view=findpost&p=574602

For those of us who DON'T have logins at Macrossworld (yes, a login is require to look at pretty pictures of toys), could you please post it here? Thankee! :P
It looks real tasty!

B00
DAMN!! That looks crazy complicated, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

> For those of us who DON'T have logins at
> Macrossworld (yes, a login is require to look at
> pretty pictures of toys), could you please post it
> here? Thankee! :P

Dear Sanjeev,

The sort of elitism inherent in your request pisses me off to no end. If the rest of us have to suffer the hundreds of "Me too, SWEET!" "You're my GOD for posting that picture!" and "I wank off to pictures of Yamato valkyries every day!" posts in order to snare a few gem pieces of information, then I don't see why you shouldn't have to suffer (which I have).

Peace out!

Gingaio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 02:23PM by gingaio.
gingaio Wrote:
> Sanjeev Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For those of us who DON'T have logins at
> > Macrossworld (yes, a login is require to look
> at
> > pretty pictures of toys), could you please post
> it
> > here? Thankee! :P
>
> Dear Sanjeev,
>
> The sort of elitism inherent in your request
> pisses me off to no end. If the rest of us have to
> suffer the hundreds of "Me too, SWEET!" "You're my
> GOD for posting that picture!" and "I wank off to
> pictures of Yamato valkyries every day!" posts in
> order to snare a few gem pieces of information,
> then I don't see why you shouldn't have to suffer
> (which I have).
>
> Peace out!
>
> Gingaio
>
Whoops, I quoted myself. Damn. Oh well, I'm so fly (which I have).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 02:24PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
See? He didn't even have to acknowledge that he quoted himself...but he did. Baller.
Sanjeev (Admin)
CDX's Megahouse review is up! That's what's up.
Ah... it's either a whole line-up in MH or CMs, plus one deluxe Beagle for the win. And I'm leaning towards CM's just for the extra effort in mechanical design and better proportions. Now all I need to do is find a nice way to solve CM's Ley's (which I have) front fork connecting pin.

edited for patois

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 11:00PM by drifand.
drifand Wrote:
And I'm
> leaning towards CM's just for the extra effort in
> mechanical design and better proportions. Now all
> I need to do is find a nice way to solve CM's
> Ley's (which I have) front fork connecting pin.
>
> edited for patois

Ah, Drifand. The expensive poorly designed toy apologist.
Toy companies need to hire you to make their toys better before the release them! :)
I am so glad I avoided the CMs and Megahouse (which I don't have) for the Beagle.
If only it were 1/6...
RainBot Wrote:
> drifand Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> And I'm
> > leaning towards CM's just for the extra effort
> in
> > mechanical design and better proportions. Now
> all
> > I need to do is find a nice way to solve CM's
> > Ley's (which I have) front fork connecting pin.
> >
>
> Ah, Drifand. The expensive poorly designed toy
> apologist.
> Toy companies need to hire you to make their toys
> better before the release them! :)

Fuh' REAL! Drifand, you--or someone who reminds me of you--was the reason I bought the floppy piece of crap that is CMs's transformable Gaofighgar (which I no longer have)!

I still owe you--or someone who reminds me of you--a kick in the nuts for that one.

As-Salâmu `Alaykum!
Drifand, my apologies. I remember now. I believe the culprit who convinced me to buy the Gaofuckedgar was a cat named "Gold." Still, if you want me to kick you in the nuts, I'm game.

As-Salâmu `Alaykum!
No, seriously... give me a kick in my diecast nuts and BUY the CM's. The MH's mechanical design is just the type of half-past-six execution that I loathe in transforming toys. They didn't try HARD ENOUGH.

Addendum:
As for the CM's GGG, I don't do Hate Rumbles. If anyone knows of a transforming GGG with better proportions or gimmicks, he's free to shout it out to the world. Neh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 03:18AM by drifand.
Sanjeev (Admin)
drifand Wrote:
> ...If
> anyone knows of a transforming GGG with better
> proportions or gimmicks, he's free to shout it out
> to the world. Neh?

[grumble]
True. But why in the world would someone want a transforming GGG "with better proportions or gimmicks"?

The Takara DX is clearly the superior toy. It's like comparing a Yamato Valk with an original 1/55 Matsushiro/Takatoku/Bandai Valk. No contest.
[/grumble]

gingaio, I choose not to suffer Macrossworld...not out of a sense of superiority...but out of a sense of self-preservation.

After handling the too-fiddly CM's Mospeada and at least seeing the disproportionate bike mode and assed-out transformation of the Mega House version, I'm putting all my hopes in Beagle's.
Anonymous User
I really like the Megahouse. Yes the transformation can be frustrating, and its not pt. These things aside, I think its a fairly solid and great looking figure in either mode, just the road from getting from one to the other is not that great.

Beagle's Ride Armor certainly looks nice, but I don't have high hopes for them. Mabye I will eat my words (I hope I do). I don't see myself getting this thing, because of the cost, it hasnt been revealed yet, but if you think its going to be less than 18000 yen (with little to no die-cast content) you are kidding yourself.
While I agree the Beagle "prototype" looks great I am becoming a cynical bastard about this stuff... Anyone know if Beagle has done anything of this caliber and complexity before? The Beagle design could end up as ass as well....
My worries from day one was Beagle's history. They've done several figures of girls before, typical Moe stuff, but nothing like this. Maybe they've been itching to show what they're capable of - upstarts have impressed before - but when you look at seasoned outfits like MH and CM's dropping the ball in areas, it makes one apprehensive of the final product. Prototypes rarely reflect what the final product will be.

I'd love it if I'm wrong on this, but I'm interested in the final product in any case.

I predict a price of around ¥12,000.

BTW, the CM's Legioss/Tlead (which I have) is out according to an email about my order. I sure wish they took payment back when I preordered instead of now.

[www.1999.co.jp]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 12:28PM by Chirico Cuvie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer