[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
Oddly enough, I too picked up an Aoshima on a whim. I was fortunate and was able to inspect it - casually, not actually transform it - before purchasing it ($60 total) and it's no better or worse than the "Masterpiece" Alpha I got a few years ago - QC wise. Both are good and the only issues are sloppiness in the painting. I guess I'm lucky with these.

Since there's no chance I'm getting the CM's in any other color due to price/difficulty, I decided to pick up a red and green Aoshima variety to round out the group.

It's good to hear BBTS stands behind their customers - not the way others stores do either - I may decide to go for some stuff I was dubious about.

As for the recent reviews, it looks pretty close to the Gakken design, since that toy was designed before the show it makes it harder to stray given the dimensions. So far I've only got one question.

Where's my firing missiles?

Do the safety laws pretty much negate the possibility of ever having a firing missile smaller than a tongue depressor again?
>Do the safety laws pretty much negate the possibility of ever having a firing >missile smaller than a tongue depressor again?

I think mecha otaku rather have the toy be as accurate to the anime design than gimmicks which might disrupt the look of the thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
One thing I'd really wish for in a LARGER scale ride armor toy: The ability to have a spring-mounted/click-lock for the retracting engine block. I just hate all the free-swinging dum-dum designs that have come out to-date.
MattAlt (Admin)
As VF5SS mentioned, the Pony Express has arrived:

[pony-hp4.web.infoseek.co.jp]

In a nutshell, he grumbles about QC/design issues in the bike mode (check out the pics of how Ley's wrist-fenders can't connect to the front shocks in bike mode), the scale, and the fact that it's being called a "Brave Gokin" in spite of the only metal being the struts, but praises the proportions in Ride Armor mode and concludes that you should "wait and see if CM's fixes the QC issues in the next release before buying."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 08:11AM by MattAlt.
Right now I just hope that it's a Palm Action Orguss type thing where most people grumbled about it yet I ended up really liking it. I have no interest in the Megahouse anymore, never had interest in the Toynami, and I still have little faith in the Beagle release, so I'm pretty much stuck with CM's.
eriku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right now I just hope that it's a Palm Action
> Orguss type thing where most people grumbled about
> it yet I ended up really liking it. I have no
> interest in the Megahouse anymore, never had
> interest in the Toynami, and I still have little
> faith in the Beagle release, so I'm pretty much
> stuck with CM's.

Speaking of the Beagle release has anyone found any photos of the thing yet?
Other than some promising CAD renders, no. I'm almost at the point where I don't think about the Beagle release anymore. If it happens, great, but I'm not holding my breath (or money) waiting for it to materialize. Even the Toynami/Aoshima one is in limbo after the Legioss debacle. It's in the same position as their Beta as far as I'm concerned.

It's really down to CM's and Megahouse and right now it's more about preference from the mixed reviews.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> Other than some promising CAD renders, no. I'm
> almost at the point where I don't think about the
> Beagle release anymore. If it happens, great, but
> I'm not holding my breath (or money) waiting for
> it to materialize. Even the Toynami/Aoshima one
> is in limbo after the Legioss debacle. It's in
> the same position as their Beta as far as I'm
> concerned.
>
> It's really down to CM's and Megahouse and right
> now it's more about preference from the mixed
> reviews.

Yeah I feel the same about the Beagle and Toynami versions. Fear not Josh and I will be picking Toynami's brains about this very subject in a week when we head down to Toyfair 08.
Please do. When I asked them a couple years back, they seemed to be more focused on Herculoids and Huckleberry Hound than Robotech. They need to shit or get off the pot with this stuff.
B00
My Cm's Stick type arrived. So small. The toy is actually a lot of fun. Well I love a small complex toy anyway. It's great for my OCD. One thing don't like is that the toy was made with 2 left waist pieces. Why is it whenever I get a toy that cost more than 10 bucks, it has to be built with 2 left of somethings?

edit: The toy seems to have a good balance too, you don't really need the "display poll" if you just wanna stand it up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2008 04:13PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Small_1.jpg (354 KB)
open | download - Small_2.jpg (347.7 KB)
open | download - Small_3.jpg (408.8 KB)
Anonymous User
You just need to find the guy who keeps getting the two right somethings and you'll be all set.
Reminds me of the first re-issue of the Takara Starscream. I bought one and it sat in a box sealed for several years. I later sold it to somebody and they complained it had two left fists when they opened it. Who knew?
Anonymous User
Thanks for the comparison photos- the THS Prime really emphasizes the scale of these things. Tiny!

I can't wait for my Stick version to arrive in the next couple of days. The minty plastic color gets me all excited.
B00
Anavel Wrote:
> You just need to find the guy who keeps getting
> the two right somethings and you'll be all set.

Ha! :p

Seriously, this thing rocks. Lots of fun so far. The hip design is a bit odd though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2008 06:07PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Small_4.jpg (348 KB)
The colors are really neon bright, it's like candy. It just shows what painting a toy can do for its looks.

THS Convoy needs to ride the bike.
Boo, great pics, it looks better then it does in the official product shots.

I second the request to see THS Convoy on the bike, I tried to get him on the Garland when I got mine but he wasn't having any of it. :(
I'm already considering buying some teal paint to gloss over the shiny screws, plus some simple panel lining for my pair of CM's... but not before I get to compare them against the Megahouse version.
B00
:p

I might get the megahouse ver. I'll wait for some reviews though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 09:04AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Primes_ride.jpg (377.4 KB)
Ha! Thanks, Boo. I thought about doing that myself last night but I didn't have my camera around to capture the magic so I didn't bother.

Another pic request: Does anyone who has a CM's also have the old Matchbox Ride Armor and 'Scott' figure? I'd like to see a side-by-side of those with the CM's, and maybe the figures swapping bikes.

I really like this toy a lot. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting it to be, so I can't say I'm disappointed by a single thing. An extra unhelmeted head would be cool, but if I really want an unhelmeted rider I can always use my imagination and pop a Microman Chirico head on there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 09:59AM by eriku.
Cool, thanks Boo.

Perhaps he won't looks so big boned on the Megahouse version. ;)
I got mine this morning. I've yet to open them up but I'll do so later on. I had the old Matchbox bike back then, oddly enough I never found the Scott figure for it, so I just had GI Joes use it, since those Robotech figures were all crap except for the "big" armored Zentraedi.

I remember it was pretty good for a bike. It didn't have gimmicks or did anything other than roll. The Tires were rubber though.

Expect a pic with Inbit.
I had the Matchbox bike and Scott figure. The Scott figure was one of the better Robotech figures because of all the armor and the removable helmet. The bike was a really great toy and I played with it a lot but was always bummed that it didn't transform. Although the CM's and Robotech figures are in the same scale, I'm pretty sure the Robotech mospeada is far larger than the CM's, thus way out of proportion with the rider.
Examining them more closely and transforming them both I can say I'm amazed they basically shrunk down the 1/8 Gakken to 1/18 scale. The transformation is about 90% of the way the old Gakken worked. The biggest departure is the lack of a connection between the legs. The codpiece plugs into the groin area and the back is secured via pegs into the waist.

There is one more bit of diecast that was not mentioned. The entire chest assembly is diecast metal.

I've yet to dig out my old Invid so no pics, but I can say that mine were perfect with no QC issues and I'm pleased with them for the price I paid. An aftermarket stand is recommended for some really nice poses, and is probably the one thing this should have included given the crappy one it comes with is no more than a piece of scrap from molding process.
Chirico- So you haven't broken the windscreen on yours yet? Apparently a lot of people are snapping theirs off. The theory is that the glue on the tiny peg that holds it in place has made the plastic weak. I'm not too concerned since it sounds like it would be an easy fix.

I'm really happy with my CM's mospeada. The engineering that went into this thing is truly incredible. It's a shame that they seem to be getting more complaints than kudos for their efforts.
Nothing broken here. I was careful after hearing about it, but I was careful with my Yamato Garland and I still busted that damn shoulder.

I'll admit the bike mode has little appeal to me, so it won't be transformed unless it goes back in the box at some time. Maybe going back and forth is what's causing the breakage.

I do wonder what the little pieces bagged with the stand are. They don't explain (or even acknowledge they exist) in the instructions what they're for.
B00
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> I do wonder what the little pieces bagged with the
> stand are. They don't explain (or even
> acknowledge they exist) in the instructions what
> they're for.

They are replacement parts for the locks that hold the wheel's swing-bars in place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2008 06:39PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - part.jpg (179.7 KB)
Ahh. that makes sense, they do take the brunt of strain while transforming it, plus they hold the struts in place in armor mode.

You'd think if they were including spares, they'd throw in an extra set of pins for the waist and fork attachments. Those are about the size of a pin head and carpet would eat them alive.
I still haven't seen a pic of this next to the old Gakken one anywhere.

Oh and a nice custom of the old toy (I think).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1202522623476.jpg (48 KB)
I'll try to dig up my old Gakken, but it towers over it.

That is an old hack job somebody did. For all the work involved it still isn't much better.
My Megahouse ones are on the way and should be here by Monday, so look around on the net for other reviews from the folks in Asia.
So the MH is out? I've got mine on preorder from BBTS so they'll probably be getting their stock in 2 months or so. :|
It turns out that the site I purchased them from (Angolz) shipped out the CM's by mistake. So the MH are not out yet.

This just proves how much confusion is going around with all these Mospeada items coming out at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2008 12:33PM by Chirico Cuvie.
No kidding, and CM's Ley and Stig being in almost-identical boxes only furthers the confusion. I'm just glad I got the right one from HLJ, they had their photos swapped.
While chatting at my regular toy haunt after paying for my Proto Garland, the owner let slip that MAYBE the Megahouse might not ship at all. WTF?! I was totally incredulous and asked him where/what/how etc. His story comes from his supplier that there may be licensing hiccups afterall.

And so I told him that I'd seen folks here mentioning that their orders were already SHIPPING. Him: [shrug]

And NOW I see that it ISN'T shipping. Yet.

Oh boy. This had better be a crap rumor! >(
Anonymous User
Drif, where'd you buy Proto Garland? Oh, please do a quick rumble on him and let me know if he's as fragile as the first release!
Hi Amuro,

I got it from Ng. ;-)

I actually preferred the original colors, but since I've read generally problem-free reviews from others, I took my chances on the Proto. It's basically the same toy with some extra details in the legs (the pop-open engines), new head and different accessories. In bike mode, the Proto includes an optional clip that keeps the front and back halves together for sturdier display... Not sure if that's a new feature.

I already know how fragile the diecast blade-armatures are, so I am super careful each time I TF it. If anything, it's much, MUCH easier than MP Megatron.
Anonymous User
In utter (dissapointment) news it appears that the CM Legioss and Tlead set have been delayed.
Source?
Anonymous User
Probably on the Macross World forums, you know, those guys that think it doesn't even look like a Legioss, it's 3 times more expensive than it should be, and they wouldn't buy it for more than $100. Yet there are 57 PAGES of post about them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer