> > wood.
>
> It should be 1/32 so it's compatible with John
> Moscato's never-to-be-completed Super-poseable
> wooden Legioss.
>
> [www.macrossworld.com]
> _main_john_moscato.htm

Am I the only person on the planet who thought that John Moscato Legioss looked horrible, especially in fighter mode?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my website: www.zormaster.com
Am I the only one who thinks that it would be a no-brainer for some enterprising company to simply recast the O.G. Gakken 1/35's in the midst of all of the recent Mospeada lovin'?
Anonymous User
I don't mind if those get made either. Just wait - I think it's only a matter of time. I only hope they retain the QC like Bandai did with the Taka reissues. Man, I hope Bandai gets to do it. They sure make sweet reissues.
What the ol' Gakken needs is a relook at the use of plastics for some key compnents, like the friction detents for the hips and feet-segments, and the spring-welds in the kneecaps. Otherwise, it was a pretty sturdy toy.
Exactly, and if bandai were to make some slight functional improvements, (i.e. some joint reinforcement, and vertical stabs that angle outboard) and then tampo print it silly, like the VF-1 reissues, it would be a damn near perfect Mospeada toy.
Anonymous User
Anavel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> looks about as bad, if not worse than the toynami
> version

Oh, wow. I actually really like my Toynami version in spite of its flaws, but this thing looks astoundingly awful. The bright, anime-style colors accentuate all the little flaws in paint masks and tooling wear. It almost looks like they've painted all the red parts rather than casting them in color - which would be a nightmare for glue adhesion and joint tolerances - which were iffy enough with Toynami's edition. I also noticed it looks like the screw-well plugs in the inside lower legs haven't been installed.

I wonder if Aoshima is handling the manufacturing of these, or if Toynami is doing it for them? Whoever it is, I think they certainly haven't developed a good working relationship with the factory that's making them. The Quality Control looks horrible.
Warrhead Wrote:
> Exactly, and if bandai were to make some slight
> functional improvements, (i.e. some joint
> reinforcement, and vertical stabs that angle
> outboard) and then tampo print it silly, like the
> VF-1 reissues, it would be a damn near perfect
> Mospeada toy.

Seconded. If that happened I'd buy it, love it, and then be done with Legioss toys.
Would those molds for the Gakken still exist?

Yeah, that I'd get too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Supposedly the VF-1 reissues were molded from existing toys, because the original molds were supposedly destroyed. I would actually be very surpirsed if the molds still existed.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, if Bandai's VF-1x reissues were molded from existing toys, a whole lot of work went into the process. I've had 1/55 Valks from every era and the Bandai reissues are hands-down top quality. Most of the joints had to have been retooled somehow; they're so much more stable than any other valks out there.

If the Gakken gets that sort of treatment, I'd be all over it. The thing is, I still wish success for at least one of these new guys...they may be our only shot at a Beta.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Anonymous User
After TT folded, Matsushiro shilled their Macross, Dorvack and other designs elsewhere in the world as generic or slightly-renamed toys. They did the design work - and probably handled the manufacturing, I suspect - for the Mospeada toys. I wonder what happened to them and their holdings? That was probably the last known stop for the Gakken Mospeada toy tools.
If CM's worst effort is at least on par with their love-it-or-hate-it GGG, they'll be taking the Aoshima/Toynami version to the cleaners. At least *that* full gattai and transformation toy had no issues of poor molds or shoddy finishing.
A couple new pics from 2chan, I think its the Megahouse version:
[nov.2chan.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 09:00AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 1194351426044.jpg (73.5 KB)
open | download - 1194351742507.jpg (70.4 KB)
Just wish it didn't look quite so chintzy...
Looks good to me. Very 'toy-like'. At such a low price it's not that much of a gamble.
Ouch, that thing looks awful. I hope the final version is a bit better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like the smallness of scale has neccesitated the obmission of the 'ending leg' feature found on the large Gakken toy.
I looks like it's there, they just didn't extend the legs in the combined form. One of the pictures of just the rider shows it half extended.
You can also see the extended leg here:

Don't know what y'all are griping about. I prefer this sculpt to Toynami's. The cartoony look fits, I think, given that it's based on a...cartoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2007 03:54PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Cyclone 1.jpg (177.9 KB)
I don't think it looks too bad but I would need to see the final Aoshima version to make a choice. Does anyone know when the CMS Legioss comes out?
Anonymous User
gingaio Wrote:
>
> Don't know what y'all are griping about. I prefer
> this sculpt to Toynami's. The cartoony look fits,
> I think, given that it's based on a...cartoon.

I agree with the 'cartoon look' sentiment.

But I haven't seen Toynami's sculpt. Has there been one on display?
AcroRay Wrote:
> gingaio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Don't know what y'all are griping about. I
> prefer
> > this sculpt to Toynami's. The cartoony look
> fits,
> > I think, given that it's based on a...cartoon.
>
> I agree with the 'cartoon look' sentiment.
>
> But I haven't seen Toynami's sculpt. Has there
> been one on display?

[toyboxdx.com]

Now that I've seen those pics again, I'm more sure I like the Megahouse version.
Oh my gosh. While I love the overall look, especially in humanoid mode, the bike is far too small. They are dragging their bloody knees on the pavement for crying out loud!
Big disappointment!
gingaio Wrote:
> You can also see the extended leg here:
>
[toyboxdx.com]
>
> Don't know what y'all are griping about. I prefer
> this sculpt to Toynami's. The cartoony look fits,
> I think, given that it's based on a...cartoon.

It looks like a Ride Armor with a beer gut.

MattAlt (Admin)
Mo' speeda here on Megahouse's site:

[www.megahobby.jp]

The ability to recreate the dramatic "Rei eats lunch" scene is worth the price alone.
Anonymous User
Wow - Megahouse's Ride Armors should fit in nicely with the Aramaki designs in my Microman collection!

I don't think Toynami's design looks too bad. Kinda somewhere between the Gakken toy and Imai's old variable kit, so if the price isn't too bad and the manufacturing is OK - I'd be happy with it.

(BTW - Anyone know where I can get resin repros of the weapons from the old Gakken one? Mine's missing all the weapons and one slab of hip armor..... Anyone got any extras of the real thing? Hah hah, yeah....)
AcroRay Wrote:

> (BTW - Anyone know where I can get resin repros of
> the weapons from the old Gakken one? Mine's
> missing all the weapons and one slab of hip
> armor..... Anyone got any extras of the real
> thing? Hah hah, yeah....)

I might have some extra original parts. Let me check when I get home in the morning. Which thigh armor are you missing? (They are different)

Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow, I'm totally with Rain on this one: Megahouse's bikes are positively diminutive. That looks awful. I just checked CDX's Toynami SDCC gallery, but there were no pics of their riders on the bike. :(
Thank you, Sanjeev! I thought I was alone in my disbelief. The old gakken toy really is the one to beat. Toynami will be little more than a remoddeling of the imaii kit, so if anyone has pics of that in rider mode, it should provide an accurate prediction.
Poor Mospeada...
It's a shame the feet cannot seem to fit on the bike in a more fiting fashion. I really dig the look of these things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 04:58PM by RainBot.
Looks great to me, you guys are on crack.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Sanjeev (Admin)
;)

For real, man! My freebase habits notwithstanding, check out that lunch-eating-Rei pic Matt posted! Brotha looks like he's sitting with his back to a fucking Powerwheels!
MattAlt (Admin)
The old gakken toy really is the one to beat.

No argument there, but looking back I can't ever remember displaying it in bike mode. (And more to the point, the bike's SO big "Stick" can barely even ride the sucker!) So chalk me up as another guy who thinks you're all hitting the crack-bunny.

Now, all that said I'd happily pay triple or more the price of the Megahouse version for a Gakken update that looked as good as Yaco's custom:

[wildcats.pupui.jp]
[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 07:57PM by MattAlt.
MattAlt (Admin)
And anyway, you guys are missing the point. When's the "Cy-Kill" version coming out? ARE YOU LISTENING, MEGAHOUSE?

(Ironically, I actually kinda dig this color scheme.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 08:45PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - cykill.jpg (240.1 KB)
It'll come out as soon as they make a Brough Superior.
It looks like a Ride Armor motivational speaker.

35 years old, divorced, and lives in a van down by the river.

I'll wait and see how the bigger version by Beagle comes out before I decide which Mospeada maker I'm siding with.
Toynami Beta pushed back to Spring 2008.

Toynami Cyclone pushed back to Summer 2008.

[www.wizarduniverse.com]
If Aoshima gives them financial hell, they may have to push everything back... forever.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I have a lot of respect for Aoshima for the variety of things they've put out in the past. I hope they fucking burn Toynami (if Toynami is, in fact, at fault for the Legioss fiasco).
Finally some accountability for producing garbage and selling it as gold would be pretty f'ing sweet.

I never saw this coming, but Toynami could actually get sued for sucking!! Neat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2007 02:54PM by Warrhead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer