[RAMBLE] All That Glitters: Bandai Lightan Gold

Posted by NOTIFICATIONSDX 
NOTIFICATIONSDX (Admin)
Alen, that Gold Robocon is still in the display case at Toy Tokyo, and I'm tempted every time I see it until I start looking at it up close. The finish is really dull and unremarkable. Don't feel like you're missing out by not having it.

The Raijin-go, though, that one always looked awesome. What's the story behind it? Where and how was it released?
Nice to see that Godreideen in the pic. It's probably one of my all-time favorite toys. I've always considered it the progenitor of modern gokins (it came out right before the GX-01 Mazinger, and was one of the first super robots to incorporate metal and this newfangled "articulation" thing).

Not to mention the sweet transformation, in which the robot "lies down" and "lifts its knees."
Attachments:
open | download - GodShelf 1.jpg (118.8 KB)
open | download - GodShelf 2.jpg (110.9 KB)
I just love the look of the Raijin-go. It's really kinda goofy, yet somehow it works. Having a car that can CHOMP on people must be the most wonderful thing ever.

The gold version...eh, doesn't do that much for me altho seeing that Inazuman all in black with gold highlights makes him pretty bad-ass.

I miss those days of mixed excess and cheapness :)
It was all so...beautiful. All shiny and reflective and stuff.

-Ray

GREAT BIG SOFUBI LOVE!
> The Raijin-go, though, that one always looked
> awesome. What's the story behind it? Where and how
> was it released?

This reissue was released in 1999 and only sold at the Shotaro Ishimori Display in Daiba at the Fuji TV-Nippon Broadcasting Building. The display ran from March 20-28 and there were only 1999 of the color version available for sale. There also was a gold edition available, but I don’t know the edition size of that version.

[www.collectiondx.com]
My Gold Baron is also tarnishing quite a bit. You can see gold flecks falling off if you handle him with bare hands. Someday I may just cleaned it all off and apply a new coat of gold paint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer