CM's Corporation Legioss/TLEAD.

Posted by Roger 
I am pretty damn surprised by this one:

[wildcats.pupui.jp]

The translator droid says no price or exact scale, but it's part of the Brave Gokin series, looks totally kanzen henkei, and it's scheduled for Summer 2007. If anyone has additional details, please post them here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 07:36AM by Roger.
Oh fantastic, they're doing the Tread as well.

Toynami just got one in the eye!

Whoas, CM's go for SHE as well,
[www.sgcollect.com]

Max Factory pick a bad time to do another Gokin Eva 01
[www.sgcollect.com]

Finally, what are those mechs next to CM's Leigoss and Tread?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 08:25AM by Fort Max.
Looks like they're doing this guy from one of the Time Bokan series.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1165109494998.jpg (194.3 KB)
Gonzo toy journalist Matt Alt just called me to say that the Legioss prototype is about the same size as the Toynami Masterpiece Alpha.
Anonymous User
OMfG. The legioss fighters kick ass! Finally, a decent alpha fighter design that's not based on some vintage kit. Let's hope the landing gears don't share the same issues as the toynami versions. I can't wait to see the fighter mode.
Excellent news. I'm sure the price tag will throw me into a seizure, but it's excellent news nonetheless.
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like they're doing this guy from one of the
> Time Bokan series.

Thanks, I looked up Time Bokan on youtube to check this design out but all I got was an opening from a show about what looked like two female cat burglars riding around on a big goofy looking mecha dog..
Anonymous User
I guess CM Corp. has no marketing qualms about releasing the Tread- and as a set with the Legioss, no less. That will be spendy, no doubt.

I do like the proportions of the Legioss a bit more than the Toynami version. Might have to throw down for this one, since we may never see the Beta stateside.

What is "<eta zeta iota>", which is written after the "Legioss w/ Tread" set name? I assume those are the color versions, right? Not familiar with Mospeada name-ology.

Thanks for great news, Roger (and Matt Alt)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 02:50PM by akum6n.
akum6n Wrote:
<snip>
> What is "eta, zeta, iota", which is written after the "Legioss w/
> Tread" set name? I assume those are the color
> versions, right? Not familiar with Mospeada
> name-ology.
>
Yup.

eta = blue Legioss, zeta = red, iota = green

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I didn't check the sign, that's great that they're doing the red/blue/green. I'm not expecting a Dark Legioss (manned or unmanned), though, because it would take too much more work to make an "anime accurate" version.
Anonymous User
Thanks, Thomas.

So you're the evilskylark guy. Great reviews- you're the only site that had info about the MR Double-Robo and Battlehackers figures.
B00
This is really unexpected, and totally sweet! Seems Cm really wants to pump out the Gohkin toys. Thanks God this isn't made by Yamato.

The only reason why I'm happy CMs is doing it is because of their attention to quality. So far, I haven't had any quality issues at all with my Brave Gokin toys. They tend to use a good quantity of diecast too (except with GFG). However, my only complaint is that their toys can get a bit floppy at times, and compared to companies like Takara, Bandai and Yamato, CMs is not exactly well-known for pulling off complex engineering feats.

This said, it wouldn't be that bad if Yamato made it. At least we're sure they'd try to make their designs as accurate as possible, although we know the final toy will be seriously iron-defficient. I'll still be happy anyway as long it doesn't fall apart in my hands when I play with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2007 10:03PM by Amuro-Ray.
With the unveiling of the new Alpha/Legioss and Beta/Tread toys, CM's is now my new favorite toy maker.
I'm happy these are being made at all. The fact that they're made by a company that doesn't make fragile junk is a bonus, all considered.
Im sure most here want CM to do the Mospeada bikes but after rewatching the series, I want some Inbits to be made.

I'm so happy I held off on getting any of the Toynami Alphas.

The question now is: will CM's make Cyclones/ride armor?

Should we still buy Toynami's Masterpiece Cyclones?
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Im sure most here want CM to do the Mospeada bikes
> but after rewatching the series, I want some
> Inbits to be made.

I hope you're right on both counts.

Chet Wrote:
> With the unveiling of the new Alpha/Legioss and
> Beta/Tread toys, CM's is now my new favorite toy
> maker.

As far as real-robots go, I might just agree with you, but as a collector who's as concerned with sculpts as with any other feature, Yamaguchi's work still puts Kaiyodo at the top of my list when it comes to super-robots.
Chet Wrote:
> I'm so happy I held off on getting any of the
> Toynami Alphas.
>
> The question now is: will CM's make Cyclones/ride
> armor?
>
> Should we still buy Toynami's Masterpiece
> Cyclones?

If you waited this long to but Toynamis Alphas (as I have) then why would you rush in for their Cyclones.

I'm trying to get into the habit of waiting for reviews on just about everything more then £20 now.
I was tempted for a bit to get some more Toynami Alphas, then that feeling went away when seeing the bananna-shaped collection of a friend's. Yeesh. A regret, to be sure, due to the fondness I have for the design, which makes this bizarre announcement most welcome. I thought Genesis Climber Mospaeda was generally despised by the Japanese. Apparently the overseas sales of the Toynami Alphas say otherwise.
Next year is MOSPEADA's 25th anniversary and the DVDs are apparently being re-released. I'd say those things have a definite bearing on CM's decision to do this.
Rob Knotts Wrote:
> As far as real-robots go, I might just agree with
> you, but as a collector who's as concerned with
> sculpts as with any other feature, Yamaguchi's
> work still puts Kaiyodo at the top of my list when
> it comes to super-robots.

CM's may end up forcing me to eat those words [toyboxdx.com]
Seems like it would be a natural fit for CM's to make vinyls of the Inbit mecha, the same way they're doing with the non-police Labors (and Max Factory is doing with the minor Guyver monsters). The mospeada badguy designs are pretty well suited to vinyl in the first place.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I agree, that would be totally cool.
Anyone else see them doing the collection figure thing again as well?

A set of in scale figures, bikes etc and maybe a human piloted Inbit would be great
Fort Max Wrote:
> A set of in scale figures, bikes etc and maybe a
> human piloted Inbit would be great

Little "army men" versions of the soldiers and even the armored Inbit (and even "naked" ones) could be very cool pack-ins if they decided to go this route, and it would be in the same spirit as the original 1/35 Legioss that came with a little pilot. Assuming the CM's toys are 1/55 scale, they'd be about 3.6 cm / 1.5 in tall.

The Gosu (human piloted Inbit) would be an awesome choice for a bad guy toy, as well as the Gamo (the one known as the "Enforcer" or "Pincer" in Robotech).

Let's do a little math here. CM's Corporation is currently making a 5,000 yen sofubi labor companion piece to their Ingram. Do you think people would pay that much for an Inbit vinyl? Why or why not?
Well, I would absolutely pay 5,000 yen for a sofubi of any of the bad guys from Mospeada. The idea of it makes me slightly giddy. Not to mention the idea of having a blind box wave of figures to go with them...Very cool idea...

The fact that the sofubi labors and the blind box figures exist has almost been enough to convince me to buy that Patlabor that CM's made.

Now if someone would just make some decent sofubi Zentradi battlepods in 1/55 scale (the scale that God himself endorses as the official scale for Macross...and by God I don't mean Kawamori...this ain't MW) I would be a VERY happy camper indeed (I'm looking at you Bandai...).
I agree, in scale, vinyl Mospeada baddies would be schweet; the organic styling would translate well to that medium, especially since the design doesn't seem too condusive to articulation.

OTOH it would be sweet to see a fully articulated line of Inbit (articulated claws, openning/removable hatch to reveal the the squishy core, moving eye, knees, WAISTJOINTS, elbows, etc.) since the OG Matchbox/Exo Squad ones were so lacking in play value.
Man, you can find any sort of weird shit on Youtube these days.

Case in point: [www.youtube.com]

Some nerd actually took a video of this.

Some nerd is actually watching this late at night and linking it on a nerd toy board.

Ricky Martin Shark Lover #1 Fan!
Anonymous User
Love the Toynami bashing.
Looking at a thread on MW last night, I saw that ANOTHER company is doing a Legioss toy. This time from Aoishima (and no, it's not a kit reissue but an actual gokin). Also a company called Beagle is doing a Ride Armor (I think).

Mospeada all over the shop, guess it's just Stig and co's turn after the Votoms and Layzner merchandise tsunamis.
Yaco reports that CM's Corporation Legioss/TLEAD is being discussed in this month's Dengeki Hobby, along with some other stuff the translator software has made incomprehensible:

[wildcats.pupui.jp]
Roger Wrote:
> Yaco reports that CM's Corporation Legioss/TLEAD
> is being discussed in this month's Dengeki Hobby,
> along with some other stuff the translator
> software has made incomprehensible:
>
> [wildcats.pupui.jp]
> .html

Cruddy translation:
&#9632; CM&#39;s corporation "muslin PIDA rye DOAMA" announcement 1 / 18 scale 90mm of all the quantities That sale is scheduled for painted [ ABS ] finished-goods December Price undecidedness the CM&#39;s corporation whose the "REGIOSU with. tread" has already been announced -- the electric shock hobby September issue -- a "muslin PIDA rye DOAMA" modification action figure -- first public presentation. Although there was just no prototype photograph, the drawing is published three points. A modification model is realized in micro man size since the Gakken toy. Please look at a detailed electric shock hobby on sale. Moreover, those with a notice that sale of the "REGIOSU with. tread" was postponed by this report till spring next year. This was quite regrettable news.

So 1/18th scale ridearmor

And the Tread has been postponed untill spring 2008... :(

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Huh? So the Ride Armor is coming out first in December?
The CM's Ride Armors are being discussed in another thread, but Yaco gives us some more information on CM's Legioss/TLEAD:

[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Release date is February 2008, price is not determined yet, and the height is listed as 17 cm tall (I'm assuming that's the height of the TLEAD, not the Legioss.)
Do you see what I see?

Attachments:
open | download - 1195693982549.jpg (345.2 KB)
Wow, real plastic test shots! I like how they look.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh man...is it too early to start blithering about TotY yet? ;)
Anonymous User
Did they have to be brown?

Looks like chocolate, or poo....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer