CM's Corp Patlabor

Posted by cohiba 
A nice Japanese pictorial:

[2nd.geocities.jp]

Seems it CAN grasp the gun handle but only if its pointed down.
One owner's attempt to improve the AV-0's iffy holster:

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

It seems, he detached the back cover and cut a hole through the back of the holster compartment to better accommodate the length of the pistol.
Stunning sofubi custom of the Tyrant 2000:

[www.geocities.jp]
drifand
From the available reviews online, my impression is that it is a very nice finished model but lacking in poseability and accessories. For example, the trademark 'left-arm grasping cannon handle' pose is impossible to achieve. And the pre-production photos showed the serrated combat knife (used to great effect against the remotely piloted Brockens) which was omitted in the actual toy... damn shame cheapo.

But mostly, I was just concerned about its relative size to the CM's Ingram et al. Nobody (in the English speaking Internet) seemed to have any side-by-side pix, but I managed to composite one from an owner who shot the Helldiver next to a Griffon, and a Griffon next to an Ingram:

[toyboxdx.com]

So, while the Helldiver is too big to be shown next to the AV-98 – I believe they were almost the same height 'IRL' – it looks ok next to beefier labors like the Griffon or Brocken.

Huh, I don't think it looks bad at all. Given the whole paratrooper aesthetic, with the helmet and deceleration thruster pack and all, the difference in size and bulk between it and the Ingram gets absorbed in my eyes by the stylistic difference.

Too bad about the questionable posability and lack of a knife, though.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Comparing the WHAM to the 1/60 kit, the WHAM has really weird proportions: either the body is too small, or the limbs and head are too big.

Maybe I should just try to track down some of those 1/35 fixed-pose vintage kits...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
thomas
Comparing the WHAM to the 1/60 kit, the WHAM has really weird proportions: either the body is too small, or the limbs and head are too big.

Maybe I should just try to track down some of those 1/35 fixed-pose vintage kits...

Well... I wouldn't call the Bandai 1/60 kits the most accurately sculpted versions of any labor, but looking back, I now appreciate the Phantom a lot more! I'm planning a short trip to Hong Kong end of January and if I can't find the Helldiver, maybe I'll try for a spare sofubi like the Hercules or Tyrant to remake into a fully poseable figure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer