CM's Corp Patlabor

Posted by cohiba 
Anonymous User
I got my hands on the Brocken today. It really is as bad emerson says. It looks nice and the paint apps are pretty good. The sculpt is pretty good, although it seems a bit stretched vertically when compared to the original lineart.

The joints like to fall apart super easily. Some of the joints are clicky, but the figure is still somewhat wobbly. The weapons don't really have any features but are a nice inclusion despite them not appearing in the animation or official lineart. The armor I could do without and it just seems like a reason to jack up the already absurd price. It also comes with a rubber hose which I have no idea what is for.

I would not recommend anybody buy this unless you really really really like Patlabor, or find a super good deal.
So it looks like CM can only make good really simple toys (sofubis) or good really high grade toys (Ingram, Calibur), but nothing in between. :(

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I believe the 'rubber hose' is the power connector for the optional 'MG42' machine gun. Waiting for my blue brocken to arrive... sounds like I'll need to thicken up the joints.
drifand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still holding out for a sofubi Helldiver with real
> parachute!

Boing!...You have no idea how cool of an idea that is...I would buy this instantly...
Anonymous User
I removed one of the hands on the brocken and the ball is about to tear off. Does anybody know what can be used to glue pvc? I tried plastic cement and it wont hold.
PVC needs cyanopacrylic-based 'supa glue' to bond. But with the tiny area to hold the bond, you might be better off getting a replacement set of ball-joints from either Kotobukiya 'MSG' or Wave 'Option Parts'.
Let's try it BROG STYLE FOR BROCKEN:

[toyboxdx.com]

:-)
That's superb photography over at the TBDX Brog!
Pix from 2chan of the just released CM's AVS varaints. Looks like the cockpit feature is retained from the gohkin Ingram, but no idea if the pilot figure is actually included. On a better note, the ugly cockpit screen sprue scar seen on earlier samples seems to be mostly... absent.

Now, if only the prices were saner. :P
Awesome pics drifand!
Not my shots :-) just reposting from 2ch
It'll be awhile before I get hold of these. 9800 yen is just crazy.
sorry for the misunderstanding drifand - embarrassed grin

Ouch! 9800 yen is beyond crazy!
These look so nice.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Saw these in person today... 110 USD each!!!
HLJ has put the CM's Ingrams on discount again.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

So glad I grabbed one of the Brave Gokin Ingrams on the discount... they're not $120 toys in my mind, but for ~$60, I think the Ingram is absolutely perfect! I am seriously debating getting another, but alas... the money well is currently dry! Fortunately I do have a whole bunch more of the Sofu-labors waiting for me in Japan... now I'll have one of each (plus a construction Taisyo) and THREE Tyrants to enact Izumi's first big fight in the TV series!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 09:30PM by Prometheum5.
Awesome pic Prometheum5! Crystal clear photography!
Sanjeev (Admin)
I dunno...that dude on the ground's pretty fucking blurry. You suck, Ben.
Seems like that blurriness was purposeful to simulate the motion of being shoved to the ground...
I know when I get shoved to the ground, things are blurry.
Haha, thanks for the comments... I'm home now and have alot of my latest scores set up and can snap pics... I'll definitely have more partially blurry Patlabor pics when the rest of my Sofus come.

[prometheusrising.net]
Couldn't help myself... the Ingram's still getting a new pose every night at this point:

Takin' on two baddies at once. Shoulder-throw into the Tyrant, and a quick shotty blast into the Taisyo.

[prometheusrising.net]
Another nice pic Prometheum5!

Is the green mech protecting Ingrams back or is it doing a sneak attack?
Prometheum5, what's that Gundam in the background? Looks like a custom PG RX-78 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
The green labor (Tyrant) was trying to attack the Ingram, but the Ingram saw it coming, and nailed it with a quick shoulder-thrust before turning around and spraying the orange guy (Taisyo).

Vince- the Gundam is the PG RX-78-2 that I started to mod last summer but ran out of time before school and haven't finished... I plan on getting back around to it this summer. I was going for a prototype GP-01 look from Stardust Memories... sort of a 'Unit 0'.

[prometheusrising.net]
HLJ has put both Brockens on a 50% discount. :D

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Now we wait for the AVS and Mk-II to go below 6,000 yen :-)
You know, if CM's would just make them cheaper it would save everyone a lot of time.

Aside from the first release of the 2 Ingrams, all my CM's Patlabor stuff was bought on sale.
It's psychological blackmail. "If you don't reward us by paying the outrageous asking prices, we'll stop producing any further toys in the line-up you'd like to see."
Ok, I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge and order some Ingrams from HLJ (my last HLJ order was 2 years ago!). The obvious question is... which one (or two) should I get?

Does the OVA version come with extra parts for the red shoulder, or only the red shoulder? My understanding is that the flak jacket version does not have removable armor. Otherwise, any improvements on the later designs?
The OVA Versions have extra pieces so you can shed the red shoulder if you want. I found the lights were much dimmer on the OVA version vs. my original run TV editions, though, and the revised OVA version shield is plastic vs. the nice diecast metal versions of the TV/Movie ones. The packaging also lies. If you want to build anything but Unit 1 you're screwed. The box doesn't include enough parts to actually build any of the other heads.

As for the armored one, the flak jacket itself IS removable, however there's nothing to substitute for it, as the shoulder and hip covers are a different design, so it just looks silly without the jacket.

I'd recommend picking up a Movie 1+2, personally. If you get the TV versions, you get an unpainted riot baton and unpainted stock on the shotgun (more TV accurate, but not as nice looking). The TV 1/3 version is a good runner-up. Only get the OVA one if you can't get one of those two.

So there you go. Pick your poison. They're all basically good. Some are just a little "more good" than others.
Attachments:
open | download - Ingrams.jpg (215.1 KB)
I grabbed the OVA version as my first, since the red special shoulder guard (is there any actual explanation for what it's for?) is unique... I'm considering grabbing another one, and if I did I'd likely get the Movie version so I could build a Unit 2. The plastic shield on the OVa version is nice, as I assume it falls off a little less than the metal one.

[prometheusrising.net]
Hellequin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I'd recommend picking up a Movie 1+2, personally.
> If you get the TV versions, you get an unpainted
> riot baton and unpainted stock on the shotgun
> (more TV accurate, but not as nice looking). The
> TV 1/3 version is a good runner-up. Only get the
> OVA one if you can't get one of those two.
>
> So there you go. Pick your poison. They're all
> basically good. Some are just a little "more good"
> than others.

Ahem. Might I note I have one for sale...

More serious than thou
I saw, and it's a great price, but I'm currently out of toy-buying money lol. Halle should def. grab it.

[prometheusrising.net]
The CM's Brocken doesn't belong on toy shelves. It belongs in the fucking GARBAGE. Goddamn thing came with BOTH Of its hip joints snapped. Of course, the only way I could know that the joints were broken instead of dislocated was to cut open the cloth. It'd cost me more to return it at this point than I'd get back, assuming HLJ will even take back something that's been cut open.

Fucking rubbish. Broken Brocken Blows. Never again.
OUCH! That's not good.

Red or blue version?

*needs to pay for his at HLJ*

BTW, IIRC, HLJ will pay for your return shipping if you return something. They're pretty lenient, I think.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Blue version.
Screw the plastic Labors from CMs or WAVE.... just give me vinyls of EVERY LABOR EVER!!

[prometheusrising.net]
Here's my Patlabor shelf at the moment. Most recent additions are the OVA red Brocken (after HLJ went on 50% discount), and the 2 sets of CM's figure collections.

The whole enchilada... Still hoping for saner prices on the AVS and Mk-II, and an eventual P2 edition of the 1/24 Ingram.

Close up of Capt Gotoh's car, 3 slacker mechs, SV2-2 members (except Izumi & Ohta in their AV-98s), and Chief Mech Sakaki.
I think the female figure next to the stooping Gotoh is probably Nagumo. AND, I have made an unofficial 'upgrade' for the Ohta's old Taisyo
by grafting a pair of real hands from the Zero's spares. looks pretty kosher to me! :-)

The Type-98 Command Car... luckily it's the same design in the 1st movie as well as the TV series. (I didn't care for the boxy version in the 1st OVA).
Shigeo is calling the shots as other crew members tend to Ohta's Ingram. BTW, I also purchased some diecut white circle stickers from a stationery shop
and used them to cover the gaping screw holes on my Ingrams.

Just out of the frame: 2 more mechs racing in with a revolver cannon on trolley.

Kanuka's Ingram 3 versus the unloved Brocken... and the 'old' Charawheels Command Car sitting pretty between the giants.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 10:58AM by drifand.
Received my red Brocken last week, and it did not have issues. I see two major design faults:
- Shoulder covers are attached by ball joints and impossible to remove so I can't attach the armor.
- Only *1* trigger hand. No dual-wielding machine guns. Bleh.

Drif, how did you add shoulder joints to your Taisyo's? The arms are easy to remove, and I'm thinking of adding ball joints for more movement...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer