Shelf update.

Posted by Roger 
There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

mcfitch (Admin)
Are you saying that you had a mental illness related to this hobby, or that people in this hobby inherently have a mental illness?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
And you are showing this by making all your kaiju stand suicidally close to the shelf's edge!?
If they fall, so what?
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you saying that you had a mental illness
> related to this hobby, or that people in this
> hobby inherently have a mental illness?
> -Mason

I think both are true. This hobby definitely can cause what others might consider a mental illness and people who collect definitely have a mental illness or as I like to refer it as "a penchant for keeping order in the universe of good taste".
The line about mental illness is a Dave Barry quote. Come on, look at that shelf, that's not the product of a sane person.
josh fraser (Moderator)
You might already have negated your argument of insanity with the very self awareness of the statement itself.

And this is coming from a fellow self conscious box collector whom you have described as "needing help".

;-)
cae
Rog, if your shelf display makes you insane ... what diagnosis am I looking at?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
josh fraser (Moderator)
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rog, if your shelf display makes you insane ...
> what diagnosis am I looking at?

It looks grim from where I stand. Have you considered meds in the form of small vinyl monsters?
MIB Slinky collecting = insane. yeppers.
Confession time already? It's not even Feb 1 yet.

I own a treasured collection of Starbucks store training materials. There, I said it.

Okay, DSM IV me: What have I got?
What is this? It's wonderful.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]
I commissioned mad genius Paul Kaiju to paint the flesh giant Goji I've had for years, and this is the result:

I asked him to do "The Lost Bullmark" and I think he knocked it out of the park. It has the wabi sabi in spades.

He also fixed this for me, it was lacking something:

And now, thanks to Mr. Kaiju, the Shelf of Immaculate Symmetry is complete:

Love PK's work.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Nice job on the Godzilla. Cool idea.
Pardon my igorince , but what's the story with the "Lost Bullmark"?
Something promised in a catalog that hasn't been seen?
No, Bullmark never actually made one like that, or showed one off, I just wanted it to look like something they would have made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer