Shelf update.

Posted by Roger 
Spring cleaning has begun, and as a result I have rearranged the few toys I have on display. My Jim Woodring vinyls now preside over the bookshelf, Mantra ever-vigilant, and Dorbel snickering behind his back. These are still the only designer toys that have spurred my consumer response, and I'm already clearing out space behind them for Mr. Bumper.

The main shelf has now been rearranged a bit...

...because it now features THE LEAGUE OF TRANSLUCENT TOYS!

Yes, THE LEAGUE OF TRANSLUCENT TOYS! They stand ever-vigilant, ready at a moment's notice to spread translucence... or something.

Looking closely at the VF-1S' guts, you can see that the pilot is the ghost of Roy Fokker, or maybe Walrus Man. Please pardon the fuzz.

Also, Kubrick Roger is now very happy to have his own Scopedog:

cae
Mr. Bumper. Must-not-forget Mr. Bumper.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr. Bumper. Must-not-forget Mr. Bumper.
>

Indeed. I'm not a cool designer vinyl guy, myself...but some of these strangeco offerings are pretty fly.
Anonymous User
I love the robochan. I have all of the S.I.C. gashapons versions of him on my coffee table right now. ;-)
Another shelf update (as if you care).

Shelves are populated again entirely with vinyl, with reservoirs of Soul of Bullmarks and ERASERS at the top:

M1GO monstrous masterpieces and Sakamoto Showten VOTOMS vinyls:

Jim Woodring menagerie:

TEDEROS kaiju and aliens:

A smattering of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, powered suit, and Robocon toys on the bookshelf. (just imagine this is between the Death Star and the Viper Mark 7, waiting patiently...)

Glowies under the lamp stay charged so they can keep me warm at night:

JoshB (Moderator)
nice books, where'd you get them?
cae
Explain that magnet hand Hedorah, bub.

And hey - how come you gots yer Boomper and I dasn't?

grrrrrrrrr

hassenpfeffer
JoshB Wrote:
> nice books, where'd you get them?

Ikea.

cae Wrote:
> Explain that magnet hand Hedorah, bub.

No magnet hand, I just shoved a Bandai M1 finger puppet onto it.

> And hey - how come you gots yer Boomper and I
> dasn't?

Because I got mine from Mr. Ramos, and I'm RFSO, apparently, because I got a shirt with it that says so.
Ahh... Ringworld... General Products! Alien sex! :-)
Sanjeev (Admin)
The Woodring stuff is just great...but I'm surprised to see how at-home the VOTOMS vinyls look next to the kaiju!

Lovely pics!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
cool pics! The VOTOMS vinyl looks good. I noticed the Robocon vinyl on the bookcase! Nice.
Shelf update. (like you care)

A little bit of rotation. Haro and the egg are back in the main apartment. The top two shelves now contain vinyls of an inspirational nature for me:

Bottom two shelves remain the same:

Bookshelf has something old, something new...

...something shrunk, something vinyl, something zinc...

And a new fuzzy addition. I don't know why, but I can't put this guy down:

"BER BER BER BER BER BER BER BER!"
Dude, awesome! You have that kick-ass vinyl Kaiju that holds on to the little Ultraman Ace via Magnets. That thing is to sweet.

-Ray

GREAT BIG SOFUBI LOVE!
cae
> vinyl Kaiju that holds on to the little Ultraman Ace via Magnets

Shame on you, Roger! You told me that was held on there with boogers -nothing but boogers!

My faith in anything you now say is shattered, utterly.

hassenpfeffer
I'll say this much for you, Roger, you have FINE taste in vintage Science Fiction.

-Ray

GREAT BIG SOFUBI LOVE!
"Forever War" was a pretty awesome book...
mcfitch (Admin)
Dude he has magnets in his nose. Leave him alone.
-Mason

cae Wrote:
> > vinyl Kaiju that holds on to the little Ultraman
> Ace via Magnets
>
> Shame on you, Roger! You told me that was held on
> there with boogers -nothing but boogers!
>
> My faith in anything you now say is shattered,
> utterly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
the VOTOMS rawk! They really do.
Shelf update, with new additions from the Orient!

Top shelf is now a historical retrospective of Godzillas large and small:

Next shelf down, the M1GO shrine:

Real Robot vinyl rules the 3rd shelf. Waiting on more entries from Macross and Patlabor to increase the density here:

Woodring vinyls have been moved to the bottom, but that doesn't mean they're unloved. This shelf is pretty sparse because there's nothing that "goes" with them:

Bookshelf is now a mix of Robocon and Maschinen Krieger ZbV 3000, two great tastes that taste great together. Check out the TTToy windups on the left:

For those of you who are getting that clear M1GO Hedora, you won't be disappointed. The vinyl is squishy (probably due to whatever process it takes to make it clear), but it's stuffed with two different types of tinsel and pipe cleaners. Here it is, by the dawn's early light:

Hey Roger! So what does the rest of your collection look like?

Given your vinyl preferences I would have thought your shelves would be buckling under the weight of the M-1 figures!
The rest of my collection looks like a ton of crap stuffed into numerous boxes throughout the apartment. Witness THE SORTING:

[toyboxdx.com]

It's probably gotten worse since then. More small things like erasers and candy toys. They're easier to stuff into the boxes, though, just like packing peanuts.
THE SORTING II: THROUGH THE PORTAL OF TIME

I'm a horrible procrastinator. Sometimes when I set out to accomplish something in one day, I dump whatever it is on my bed so I have to get through it, otherwise I don't have a place to sleep that night.

I needed to find some things and re-consolidate my stored toys to reclaim closet space, so this is what I did:

And so it begins again, taking over the room while I put everything into piles...

...and then a game of Meta-Tetris where I shove those piles into boxes, and put those boxes back into the closet. Not an inch to spare this time:

A couple of interesting things resurfaced, including an uncommon (but not necessarily desired) sofubi:

And this awesome little gift (Thank you, Walter!), a little Maschinen Krieger keychain that was produced by Kow Yokoyama's wife, and signed by Kow. I know, I have no guts, leaving this bagged:

(And Dax, if you're reading this, sorry, I did not find the Ghoul's Night Out pin.)

And here they are, the redoubled shelves, newly laden with extra poly vinyl chloride and a little zinc:

Nice Hellraiser puzzle box. ;) Always wanted to pick a decent one up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 12:19AM by Kingboy D.
Thanks, that's the original Screamin' model kit.
Lookin' good Rog. Nice tasteful collection of Sofubi.

I especially like the way the Robocons blend into German/Japanese Death Machines...
Thanks. One of the toys I recaptured from the wilds of my storage closet was that Yellow Submarine Melusine with the 3-color camo paint job. I love that thing. One day I'll buy the big 1/6 vinyl kit and hire Asahina to paint it up for me.
I see some craybooths....

You need to get one of those bugs Matt is making.

----------------------------------------------------------------
[www.collectiondx.com]

"I think those Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians! Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo! "

--Gingaioh
This is one of the few weekends where I've been able to spend more than a couple of hours at home, so lots of rearranging and reorganizing going on here. I've been in my new apartment six months and figured it was time to shake things up.

Some friends of mine gave me this ultra-cool "tic tac toe shelf" as a housewarming gift, which now showcases my Soul of Bullmarks:

Inhabitants of Nebula M78 have been segregated into their own ghetto on the bottom of the shelf, as they are inferior (they don't stand up well):

And a couple of Iwakura Bullmark Legends hang out with my Kubrick:

Across the room, family photos adorn the wall:

And the subjects guard my XM unit.

Everything else, being catalogued, priced, and sorted on the floor...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 01:37PM by Roger.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I want your M1 egg..
Awesome photos! I know I'm late to the party, but I simply MUST know where those VOTOMS vinyls came from... I need them.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Anonymous User
Sakamoto Showten sells them at wonderfest every year
MattAlt (Admin)
...Except for the fact that Wonderfest has been cancelled since last year. I wonder what ol' Sakamoto-san is up to these days?
im digging that marusan spaceship kaiju .
Thanks for the link... they are phenomenal. I've read the reviews for the Scopedog and Fatty in the Brog archives, but I hadn't realized there were more. Do these ever come up for sale? I'd love to get any that I could get my hands on when I have some more money.

[prometheusrising.net]
You can search Yahoo Japan for them but they don't come up often. He only made 30 of each vinyl for every show. I think I was only one of a couple of people in America who had any.
So... I'm NOT ever getting a VOTOMS vinyl? How much do they go for when they DO come up? I scoured YHJ last night and did not find any.

[prometheusrising.net]
I think the original price for those 8,000 yen apiece, so figure you'll pay at least that much.
mcfitch (Admin)
Roger,
Thanks for the info but you know I'm only looking for natural colored cardboard boxes with blue printing. Corey, I'm still waiting.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Cool TicTacToe shelf. Love that.

I'll take the box'o toys in the middle for $10. Whaddaya say?
those photos kick so much ass!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer