The new Toybox DX paradigm: ERASERS.

Posted by Roger 
So today I finally got my giant package from Rinkya with the ERASERS I won:

VOTOMS ERASERS - These are each about an inch and a half tall, and there are about three or four Scopedog variations represented, including the Marshydog and Strong Box. There was one lonely Turtle in the batch. VOTOMS was such a modeler-oriented show, I'm surprised these were made.

Musai missile firing platform for ERASERS - Apparently a gashapon kit, it has a little mounting peg on top of the bridge for an ERASER.

Pellet shooting gun platform for ERASERS - Another gashapon kit. Forget the name of this, it was from the MSV era. Pretty neat.

Ahgama ERASER launcher - Now that I have one of these in hand, I can tell you that it's really cool. Apparently these were candy toys (see them at the Bandai site here: [www.bandai.co.jp]). The launching mechanism is a little fiddly, and even though they took care to make sure the ERASER doesn't sit on the mounting peg too tightly, it doesn't end up launching so much as flopping off the catapult. I may have to dissect this one and experiment with strengthening the spring.

Metal SD Gundam ERASERS - Again, something I've seen on the web pretty frequently but was surprised at how awesome they are up close. Essentially they took the ERASER molds and did a run in metal instead of rubber, and they are incredibly heavy. I'm pretty sure they were mailaways.

The latter two items were part of a lot that included another kilo of SD Gundam ERASERS, reeking with that great smoky-metal smell of Japan.

Possibly the coolest surprise in the box was this, which came with the VOTOMS lot:

Yep, that's the Soltic, in his little snowsuit. I have no idea where this came from, because it's the same size as the ERASERS that came with the Magnetype Dougram, but not the same material.

While I was taking my awful pictures of this little discovery, I guess I realized why I've gravitated to this stuff. Jumbos, vinyls, die-cast, all of those have been pretty thoroughly catalogued by American collectors by now, but these things, the cruddy little candy toys and their ilk, are a mostly undiscovered country. This aspect has definitely brought some more fun into my collecting life as of late.

The other thing I've learned is that mounting an SD pencil topper on the end of your pen is a very good deterrent if you want to stop chewing it. And that's a good thing.
You need a better macro mode roger.

Oh, and check this out:

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

Full- gattai dairugger eraser set. its a bit taller than the ST chogokin. Just in from rinkya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 07:51PM by JoshB.
Jesus. Roger, bring ALL OF YOUR ERASERS to the summit.
what's a Baxingar?

[cgi.ebay.com]
I found these on YJ today:

They look new. Perhaps these are signalling a return to ERASERS?
Are these ERASERS?

Can't make out a manufacturer's mark, but they look clover-era.

RType Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what's a Baxingar?
>
>

Check the Takatoku 1 datafile.
machinesoldier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are these ERASERS?

Yes.
Im here reporting from the streets of Tokyo to tell those of you who didnt jump on the ERASER bandwagon that it is too late. There is no hope for you. Prices from Mandarakes Nakano store:

Complete set of Layzner SD ERASERS: 10,250 yen
LED Mirage SD ERASER: 2,500 yen
Destroid Monster SD ERASER: 5,250 yen

Luckily Ive been eating nothing but 100 yen pork roll buns since I got here and was able to scrape 2,000 yen together for a bag of ERASERS depicting Invaders, possibly from Space. I will post pictures after I recover from my scurvy. Hopefully I will be full of Vitamin C and apostrophes the next time I log in.
Roger, you ignorant slut!

Don't you know, Erasers are filled with Vitamin C? It's a national health thing, because they know that kids will chew on them anyway...

So buy some Erasers you don't collect and chow down with the pork rolls...

But..but...what of the big 'Arrivederci Yamato' era Yamato eraser? the one in the box I see on Yahoo JP Auctions all the time? Surely those haven't skyrocketed in price...

(and enjoy your stay! lucky dog...)

---------------------------------------------------
* * *I writ more because I know more..usually.* * *
Roger, you better be fucking around with us. I have a friend who's studying neuroscience in Tokyo right now, and she's supposed to pick me up a pound of erasers at Mandarake, and if the prices have really gone through the roof, it will not be cool...

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Steve, I did see the Yamato ERASER that splits into two parts. It was packed in a bag with some other stuff, though, and I think the price was high.

Paul, Im not fucking around. I didnt see any kilo-sized bags of SD Gundam ERASERS like the ones Ive gotten before, but that doesnt mean one wont surface again. Robot Robot has bins of ERASERS you can load up from, but theyve been pretty thoroughly mined - all they have are Kinikuman ones now.

I also saw a complete set of SD Spiral Zone ERASERS. Never knew those existed.
Shiiiiit.

Roger, I blame you for the spike in eraser-investment.

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
Wasn't this scene in "Star Wars" somewhere?

Attachments:
open | download - Eraser Whores, Ep. 1.jpg (43.8 KB)
Actually, that's Leni Riefenstahl's eraser collection.

-Paul Segal

Matt, I find your lack of ERASERS disturbing. Begun, this keshigomu war has.

Gojira-ya in Koenji has big bins of ERASERS to dig through, 60 yen each or 500 yen for 10. About 15% of the bins are SD Gundam. I found that Yamato in there (the one that has the hull that splits into two parts), but couldnt find the engine so I ditched it. You can also spend $1500 on a super deformed Charles Bronson vinyl they have there.

Gargamels store in Koenji also has Baikin Gundan keshigomu (featured in Super7 Magazine) in the gashapon machines. 200 yen gets you a capsule stuffed with four or so. They have little suction cups, too. 100 yen will get you these new die-cast Pokemon toys. You can display them in public and tell people that you bought them from artisans in Soho and get away with it.

Sadly, I have given up in my quest to find a SD Gundam Ballute eraser by digging through bins. If anyone has a lead on one, Im ashamed to admit Ill pay up to $10 for it.
Super....Deformed...Charles Bronson...vinyl....

holy crap.

BEST! IDEA! EVER!

Japan is the land of wonder....what a crime I wasn't born there in the golden land... ;)

---------------------------------------------------
* * *I writ more because I know more..usually.* * *
MattAlt (Admin)
Forget the Bronson vinyl, this has to be the SCARIEST ERASER EVAR.
Attachments:
open | download - ManBitesDog.jpg (44.8 KB)
AUGH OH GOD WTF

-Paul Segal

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That dog/human chimera ERASER is from the movie Im thinking of, right?
Grinning kaiju with ERASER teeth:

mcfitch (Admin)
Wow, those are almost hypnotic.
-Mason
Erase your walkers away.
Attachments:
open | download - b0009968_0115775.jpg (47.4 KB)
Eraser robot

[cgi.ebay.com]
Hey look, it's from Gakken.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
How does the Gakken eraser toys work?

>Grinning kaiju with ERASER teeth

Those're reeeally cheer you up!

Need Ballute.

NEED BALLUTE.

NEED BALLUTE!

Ballute?

Ahhhh... Ballute.

I like the way the three ghidora heads share a smile. So toothy and cute.
Acguy froggie:

More ERASER launchers:

Hit me with your best shot. Fire away.
Nisei Gundam Mark 2 says 'hi':

Shouldn't that be "nise"? Unless it's actually the CHILD of a Gundam and a Zaku!

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2005 03:55AM by asterphage.
Pink team standing by:

Yellow team standing by:

Red team standing by:

Blue team standing by:

But where are the ballutes? WHERE ARE THE BALLUTES?
ERASER + Velcro = Battle Damaged ERASER:

First time I've seen these:

An ERASER bento box set. Rubbery mobile suit main course with an SD appetizer:

A lovely set of Muteking erasers with matching Takoro container.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2005 02:21PM by DarkXerox.
Missile-firing ERASER:

Yum!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer